Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many US States Have You Drove In?

.....or rode through in a car?

After reading Freiburger's Holeshot Editor-In-Chief's Letter in the new Mar. 11' Hot Rod, where he wrote about his passion for maps over GPS, and that he has been in 41 US states over the years, and keeps track of all the roads he's travelled on, I took a count of how many I have been in via roads and wheeled travel.

Other than my home state of NY, I can add PA,ME,VT,NJ,NH,CT,DE,MA,MD,WV,VA and NC. Also, the Niagara Falls area of Canada too. Oddly enough, thats 13 US states, my lucky number but, this summer, I hope to add a few more to the list, and I may take 'burger's lead, and start marking my travels down on a map or two, just to remember where I've been.

So Dave, out of the 41 states you have been in, which ones are left to visit?
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Re: How Many US States Have You Drove In?

TX
    NM
    AZ
    CA
    NE
    CO
    KS
    OK
    FL
    SC
    GA
    MO
    WY

Texas is so big, I think it should at least count as 3. ;D
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

when my dad used to own his own big rig i would ride with him a lot but i was pretty young at the time and dont remember every state exactly, but ive been to almost every one on the east side of the mississippi river and a few of them to the west of it so id say at least 20 or so

Comment

I have been to 35. I still have AK, HI, OR, MT, ID, ND, LA, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MS, NH, VT, and ME left. My time in the Marines has helped, since it has given me a few long distance moves (NC to CA, CA to WI, WI back to CA, and CA to GA). Now, the unit I am with travels to reserve units around the country and inspects their equipment, maintenance procedures, and maintenance records, so that has added a few states to list of states I have driven in.

Comment

maine
          n.h.
          ma.
          ct.
          n.y.
          n.j.
          virgina
          d.c.
          delaware
          md
          phillly
          gorgia
          n.c.
          s.c.
          fla.
          cali.
          hawaii
          w.v.
          texas
          washington
          ohio
          tenn.

Comment

I haven't driven through Maine, Vermont, New Hamphire, or Massachusetts, but I've been all over Canada and Mexico, so I think that makes up for it. I once drove a couple miles out in the Artic Ocean to deliver some parts to an off shore rig.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Pretty easy...I can tell you the
              ones I haven't

WA
              OR
              ID
              MD
              DE
              MA

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

19 I think? maybe more?

Ia, Mo. Neb. Ks. Co. Wyo. Ok. Tx. N.M. In. Il. Oh. Wi. Mi. Mn. N.C. S.C. Ar. S.D.

Comment

I'd have to look at a map

I've driven thru most of the western states, but I still need to get up to Montana and Wyoming. And I have only driven around the northeast in a rental car long ago for gov't work. I've never been to florida. So yeah, I need more road trip(s) in the future. Maybe my new truck and camper will be a part of it.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Its easier for me to put the ones I havent been to. CA, NV, UT, ND, MT, ID, ME, MA, VT, AK, HI and Pennsylvania...

The list of countries I have been to is pretty long too. Being in the military for a while does that. Have even been to countries that dont exist anymore.

Comment

Pretty much all of 'em in the lower 48. I've usually driven for vacations so, for the most part, if I've been there I've driven there. Not sure if I've been to Maine as I think about it but I hope to add that with a trip to Loring in the next couple of years. Just a couple of years ago ME and I drove to the Grand Canyon and covered a few states that I've never been - Arizona among them. And a lot of the states I've driven with a dog (is that extra credit?).

Dan

Comment

between motorcycle and car trips, I got em all except Hawaii-still have not been over there. I guess if I could drive over, I might go....
                        67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                        05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

only got 33 done, guess I need to get driving.

i have a GPS, but only use it as a back up, as I use maps to plan.
                          my favorite road trip weapon is this 2 in thick book, that I picked up at a cracker barrel rest.

I really recommend this book, I dont go on vacation without it!
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

All except Hawaii and alaska, 2 million plus miles and counting. LOL

Comment

I think I know every inch of the state of connecticut ...when wifey moved to massachussetts , looking for a shortcut

Comment

Working...
                              X