• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PING!!! SPEEDY.....

Originally posted by Monk
    I'll be you're looking forward to the
    next family get together.

Some great stories to be told.......heh?
    We'd have to dissolve some restraining orders . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Speedy ~ A real gasbag (not affiliated with Brian or Chad)

Originally posted by horsewidower
      We did a family barn raising, 83x36. 2 week blitz of steel framing. It had been proceeded by months of prep. And was followed by months of finishing. Ours worked out ok,
      Gee, that didn't leave much time for the airing of greivances, demands for increased pay, screwing up stuff, smoke breaks (including my inadvertent discovery of the unlawful smoking of some "funny" cigs), watching TV, afternoon naps . . . .
      3/4s of them were from Seattle, we were raising the barn in August in California's central valley. People from Seattle want to go home when its 104 for days on end. And, with the 800 square foot shed, ummm shack, ummm I mean house that we live in, they were staying in tents.

There was a certain air of deliberate speed about the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
        from Seattle want to go home when its 104 for days on end.
        Now that's an understatement.

Most of the folks I know from Seattle complain like they've descended into the Eighth Level of Dante's Inferno if the mercury rises past about 95. You're more likely to find deep-fried pork rinds on sale at Starbuck's than to get work out of 'em at those temps . . . .

I once picked up a dude from Seattle at the airport and he acted like he was going to go blind merely because the sun happened to be out. I advised him to just fashion a makeshift visor out of his flannel shirt . . . .

That being said, there's some good racing in Kent. http://www.pacificraceways.com/

Comment

Working...
        X