• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri-5 Chevy engine color?

What color on the V-8 other than orange and when/why? Thanks
    STUGOTS

Re: Tri-5 Chevy engine color?

Pink, if it's a SBC. Because it's a SBC. If it's a W motor, either orange or something that goes with the car.

Dan

Comment

Not sure what you're asking, are you looking for ideas or asking who has done this to their shoebox? I've always liked seeing an engine in a strong contrasting color. Like a blood red engine in a black car, Hemi Orange in a SubLime green Mopar, stuff like that.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
        Grouch, they were red in 1956, not sure if that is for a specific performance package or something, but my dad's friend did a '56 factory resto when I was a kid and I remember he painted the engine red.

EDIT -- Here's some rules for concours judging tri five chevies --

ll 1955 V8 motors are CHEVY ORANGE with BLACK valve cover stencils. All 1956 V8 motors are CHEVY RED, with BLACK valve stencils. A few EARLY 1957 265 V8 engines (standard transmission ONLY) were painted chartreuse (lime green) by Chevrolet, and they had BLACK stencils on the valve covers. After about November 1956, all 265 engines were CHEVY ORANGE (as are the 283 motors), and the valve cover scripts were SILVER.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Originally posted by groucho
          Grouch, they were red in 1956, not sure if that is for a specific performance package or something, but my dad's friend did a '56 factory resto when I was a kid and I remember he painted the engine red.

EDIT -- Here's some rules for concours judging tri five chevies --

ll 1955 V8 motors are CHEVY ORANGE with BLACK valve cover stencils. All 1956 V8 motors are CHEVY RED, with BLACK valve stencils. A few EARLY 1957 265 V8 engines (standard transmission ONLY) were painted chartreuse (lime green) by Chevrolet, and they had BLACK stencils on the valve covers. After about November 1956, all 265 engines were CHEVY ORANGE (as are the 283 motors), and the valve cover scripts were SILVER.
          What he said
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Ahhh... I understand now. Sorry bout the babbling. :-\
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
              Ahhh... I understand now. Sorry bout the babbling. :-\
              Hey......I understood your babbling

;D
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

thank you steve magnante
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                X