Selling my baby=depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selling my baby=depression

try to keep the car....you will never be able to get another car of that caliber in this day and age....

there has got to be a way.. ???
    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Bummer man.

It hits close to home, too. Last year (this time of year) wiped me out. Yard sales, sold the little bit of stock I inherited, cut way back on non-essential things, ate a lot of ramen noodles... got me through until business got steady around April. I wasn't able to build much of a cushion back up, so I'm really sweating it again (having only worked one day so far this year).

I can't use the Chevelle for work-- I need to be able to pull a trailer. I can't live in the Chevelle...
      It would be a sad day when circumstances forced me to sell it, but in the end it's still "just a car", I can always build another one when things get better.

Looking back, what really chaps my ass... If I hadn't "built" the Chevelle with credit cards, then refinanced the house to pay off the credit cards, my mortgage would be a lot lower - making life a little easier right now.
      Learn from my mistakes young'uns...

Comment

Being self-employed is often one of the most rewarding but also one of the most challenging careers especially when faced with a situation like this. I work for a few local shops and everyone's been having tough times.

Selling your hot rod is a tough decision. But if you'll be saving yourself in the long run by letting the car go now, then that's plenty understandable. While my pops wasn't the greatest guy, I grew up in his body shop and watched his business go through similar times. He and my mom sold our Eleanor-inspired '71 Mach 1 to put a down payment on their first house, and then several years later sold our '66 Beetle (which was supposedly my car - its restoration was THE reason why my college fund was empty, lol). I really missed the Beetle but after a while it was no longer of importance. If you get the chance to build another hot rod, and I'm sure you will, you'll enjoy it just that much more.

If I were closer to you, I'd definitely be sending over my 4R70W for a rebuild.

Best of luck to you, bud.

Comment

Working...
        X