Selling my baby=depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my baby=depression

Sorry I haven.t been around much... Been hard for me to read anything hot rod related. My business is going through some hard times. Has been for quite some time now as some here may remember. I am running out of options. The only think I have left is my Camaro.
    I don't want to sell it, but is seems mandatory at this point.. I have had a hot rod since I was 16. I'm soon to be 47 and really can't see me being able to afford to buy anything else in the future. So when when I get on the forums and read about the Power Tour and other events, it really does bring tears to my eyes. I dream about it at night and get depressed about it all day.
    Car market is down so it looks like I won't be able to get what I want. What I do get will be gone in seconds to pay bills. And I'll still have bills and the only thing I had that was worth anything will be gone.
    Anyway looks like I may be getting 25k for it this weekend. Which is about 10k less than what I had hoped for. Maybe after it's gone I'll get over these hard feeling and will feel like getting back here again. :'(

Re: Selling my baby=depression

DAMIT DAMIT DAMIT!

Keep the faith my friend - I had to sell a car as part of a divorce to pay off bills.

It's a very bitter pill to swallow, but sometimes you have no other choice.

I hope things will turn around for you SOON!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

If it's any consolation, it will get better ! When times got tuff I have had to sell my prized possessions and when good times rolled around . . . I bought new prized possessions. While there is a fond place in my memory for some old "loves" that have been sold out of my life, I have some new ones now that are making me smile everyday !!!

Hang in there, the "good" times are just around the corner,

Optimistic DTB
      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Damn. Crossing my fingers for you, hoping the market turns around soon.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Damn. My heart breaks for you. I hope things turn around for you in the not too distant future. It's really tough when I know you really know your stuff and just can't make that pay. When I need trans work I'll seek you out and I know I'm not the only one on here.

Also, I suggest you stay in touch here. We genuinely feel your pain and may be one of the few places that can and will support you thru this. Ask Bill (Min) - we've been there with him thru some tough financial times and I think he's benefitted from our support.

Best of luck - you deserve it.

Dan

Comment

I hate this shit when it happens.....seeing a fellow
            car guy having to part with his ride

Keep those positive waves as I'll do the same

Don't get discouraged.......get pissed off

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, I know it's not much of a consolation but there are a lot of people that are going through the same thing right now and toys are the first thing to go. It's like Dan says, stay in touch, I'd definitely consider using you for tranny rebuilds on either one of my Hot Rods and you're only 120 miles away and you seem to know your shit!

Comment

If I hit the lottery I would definitly "hold that car for you".
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I have sold 3 hot rods because of other obligations,my advice sell every other car,truck,van,wheel barrow you own and keep the Hot Rod "Toy". I've hated myself for too long driving a DD POS. I will press my Big Block Mustang into Daily service before I sell it,no matter how many bills I rack up.

Comment

mothball the business and go get a trans guy job at ford , they are real busy , from what i hear

I sold my car to pay for babies and a full time mattress tester

Comment

I know one trans guy getting 45 bucks per flat rate hour

Comment

sometimes we have to go backwards to go forward. I dreamt of owning a 67 Camaro - had 2... sold both to pay bills related to school.

prayers going up for you.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

N
                          Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          mothball the business and go get a trans guy job at ford , they are real busy , from what i hear

I sold my car to pay for babies and a full time mattress tester
                          . Not a bad investment!

Comment

Really is sad news.it really is a very nice car.just adapt.rod on a smaller scale.we like ya no matter what is in the toy box.just as you have some of us other financially challenged bangshifters

Comment

WOW :'(. that brings tears to my eyes. sorry to hear you are having to give up your baby.
                              It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Working...
                              X