Need Craig's List Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Craig's List Help

I have long since confessed to being an Internet idiot. Here's one more case.

There's a Miller MIG welder on CL in a town near here, a bit more husky than the one I have. The seller left NO contact info - phone number, Email address, etc. I tried the link that is supposed to let you "join" and therefore have CL send the owner a message (I guess). I have no clue what they're asking me to tell them. Something about email and password - do they want one of my regular email addresses and my regular password? If so, I tried that and it wouldn't let me in. Is there some other way that you "join"?

I know there's a BIG something I don't know. In the past when I've bought stuff from CL there has been some contact info and I just used it to make the deal. Or does this guy really NOT want to sell this and he just put it on CL so he could tell his wife that he tried but no one wanted it?

Thanks
    Dan

Re: Need Craig's List Help

There is no join. Any "Join" is a phishing scam. Flag it.

Comment

In addition, if you provided an email address and a password, please go change your email password *IMMEDIATELY*

Comment

Dan if you have your normal email open, when you click the link it should pop up a new email that will go to the seller. I think they do that so that sellers don't get spammed like crazy. That's the way it's always worked for me.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick
          In addition, if you provided an email address and a password, please go change your email password *IMMEDIATELY*
          What Tom said

CL is huge for phishing
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Dan, send me a link to what you're looking at and I'll see if I get the same thing as you.
            I R Bob
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bob, PM sent. And thanks!

Dan

Comment

Hopefully you'll hear something Dan.
                I R Bob

Comment

I have a CL account,but I only use it when I post,makes the process a little quicker.

To respond to an add just click on the address link above the item text.

Comment

Agree with all that's been said. I also only use the login for when I want to sell something. I usually just highlight and copy the email address at the top and paste it into the TO: field on an email account setup just for mailing lists and such. That way my personal email doesn't get stuffed with junk mail.

Hint for searches if you haven't seen it yet. Try www. searchtempest.com - it allows you to do a CL search by distance from you rather than specific city. If you tell it 250 miles, it'll automatically search all the CL sites within that circle from your starting zip. That's how I found my Tig 215 miles away on from a CL list I wouldn't normally check.
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Thanks. I'll jot that down for sure. The link worked OK for Bob so I don't know what's going on. Maybe because I'm on a MAC????

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif
                        Agree with all that's been said. I also only use the login for when I want to sell something. I usually just highlight and copy the email address at the top and paste it into the TO: field on an email account setup just for mailing lists and such. That way my personal email doesn't get stuffed with junk mail.

Hint for searches if you haven't seen it yet. Try www. searchtempest.com - it allows you to do a CL search by distance from you rather than specific city. If you tell it 250 miles, it'll automatically search all the CL sites within that circle from your starting zip. That's how I found my Tig 215 miles away on from a CL list I wouldn't normally check.
                        X2 on highlight and paste, most of the time if it doesnt have a phone # or pic I dont waste my time regardless of price

Comment

That's what I tried yesterday. I have no clue if the poster blew me off or if he didn't get the message. Guess we'll see.

Dan

Comment

If you did send an email with the address and didn't get an error from your email provider, then it likely did send it out and the seller may just not be getting back to you. I've had that happen as well with several sellers.

Unfortunately not everyone has the courtesy to get back to you when you send an inquiry. They may have sold it and not known how to delete the posting or maybe didn't like your offer if you made one and chose not to reply. It happens.
                            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

It seems weird that they didn't provide some kind of contact info - phone number, email - something. Makes me think they didn't really want to sell.

No response yet.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X