• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to seats from shopping carts!

This is too cool! ;D

Re: How to seats from shopping carts!

that's pretty damn funny!!
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

"you can buy a shopping cart for $25.00 or perhaps talk to a store manager to sell you a broken wagon."
      By buy they mean steal by $25.00 they mean 5 finger discount by talk they mean go at midnight by store manager they mean bring a lookout to watch for cops by sell they mean use the remaining shopping cart for races by broken wagon they mean don't take the post-race ones.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm not the only one to be repeatedly pulled over for highspeed shopping carting, am I? Anyone else have the city helicopter show up too?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I've found 2 things, in my shopping cart research..
          1) shopping carts can do 95 mph
          2) shopping carts can fly

Unfortunately, after extensive research, I've found that shopping carts do not come back from 1 or 2 or a combination of 1 and 2.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm sending this to a buddy working on a '30 Chevy who has been asking about seats.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
              I've found 2 things, in my shopping cart research..
              1) shopping carts can do 95 mph
              2) shopping carts can fly

Unfortunately, after extensive research, I've found that shopping carts do not come back from 1 or 2 or a combination of 1 and 2.
              Gibsons in Midland Tx (about the size of a Target now) had about 5 billion carts (probably 200). There wasn't a lot to do in Midland, and everyone ran around in cliques. The Chinese and Mexican contingent would get drunk and have shopping cart bull fights on Saturday night. There would be carts littering the entire parking lot (think walmart lot full of randomly spaced carts.)

The stoners and goat ropers, no less drunk and certainly not to be outdone, would come by later to have competitions of their own. The game was to put a bumper on one of the outlying carts and take them up to about 40 then slam on the brakes in what could be best described as as combination of shopping cart shuffleboard and parking lot bowling.

I always felt bad for the Sunday morning crew. By the time I had my license and a car, it had become passe (cops) although I'm not sure if I would have done it or not. It was sort of stupid fun to watch once and then the dumbness of it sank in. I often wonder how many of my friends would be in jail now if there were as many video cameras and phones on the planet as there are now. If I had been smarter, I would have bid on the buggy repairs.

A buddy had one that "appeared" one day. We used to tow a volunteer idiot behind it with a trail 70 when I was maybe 13 - I would have never thought to use it for something useful, that's a great article.

Comment

After a night of moderate alcohol consumption ( :-[ :D ) my friends and I (along with our designated driver) began rumbling our way back to the car which was parked in a garage in downtown Boston.

We entered a parking garage, my buddy frank saw a cart, jumped in and I started pushing him. Spotting a wooden one arm "gate" at one of the levels I started running toward it, released the cart, Frank started screaming "I'm not gonna make it!"

For the 1.3 seconds I had to mentally process his statement, I didn't understand what he meant. When it became abundantly clear that the cart was about a foot taller than the arm, I understood. Then he smashed through the arm, the cart overturned and we began running. :D

We thought our goose was cooked because we were in a parking garage equipped with both security people and cameras. We made a hasty escape from the garage without the authorities catching us, although I have never been back to that garage since. ;D
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The interesting thing is that I REMEMBER reading this article at the time. Does this make me hopelessly old? I've mentioned the concept to several guys over the years when the subject of seats has come up and I always got the same stupefied stare and and a comment like "No way, dude".

Dan

Comment

Now all the Rat Rod guys are going to be ripping off shopping carts :.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Then you could use the basket for your grill.
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I now hate shopping carts....
                        It started in April,1980. I just picked up my Mustang from the paint shop,complete repaint and it looked great. I drove it less that 2 miles to my Moms work,went in to get her to show it off. I,of course,parked it away from every other car in the lot. Walking out to the car,there it was, a loose cart rolling.Slowly at first. Then gaining speed. Even after barely passing geomitry I have calculated the cousre I needed to run to intercept that cart before it bounced off the left rear quarter panel . I didn't make it... The cart hit at the "gill" vents behind the left door and slid down the door to the front fender. I was gutted,yellow gone,primer and metal showing....

So cuttung the wheels off a shopping cart seems like a good idea to me...

As to cart rodeo's,I often wondered how the wind would blow ALL the shopping carts away from the front of the SuperMarket... and seemingly in every corner of the parking lot.This was before the cart corral's we see now.

Comment

HMMMM. Now, put the wheels back on it, and you have a handy shop stool/chair for doing brake jobs without a hoist
                          STUGOTS

Comment

shopping carts show up on the hamb as engine stands....

I like the drunk cart stories here better

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I went to Target this weekend, and noticed they have some sleek ALL plastic carts now. And the first thing that came to my mind was

"Ohh, they look fast"
                              followed by
                              "I wonder how they hold up to impacting an abandoned couch at 45mph??"

;D
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X