How to seats from shopping carts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to seats from shopping carts!

the punchline to my research - a friend worked for the store who left their carts in the lot. Apparently, after a night (that I wasn't part of dammit) there wasn't much left of the carts and the store called the cops to report a crime. Cops came (mind you, this is maybe 1/2 mile from the jail/cop station so they had to know this was happening) and cited the store for leaving their carts out. In ages past, stores would leave their carts out and the carts caused damage - people got upset and passed a law which fines stores (still in effect to this day) for leaving their carts out in their lot more then 8 hours.

Talk about adding insult to injury - carts cost upwards of 3-400 dollars now.... and they really were destroyed and they had a fine of $75.00 per cart.

Unfortunately that ended our fun because the lots then didn't have shopping carts in them any more.... :'(
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The local K Mart didn't clean the carts out of the lot after closing. They were all over the parking lot. So, me and a couple friends would drive up behind one and push it across the lot at high speed with the car. Then hit the brakes and watch them fly. A few hit the concrete supports for the parking lot lights fast enough to cause them to collapse and crush.

After about a month of this fun, they would go and clean up the carts before closing. They were chained up next to the store too, ruining our late night fun.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
        - carts cost upwards of 3-400 dollars now....
        That's the number I've heard too in 1996-98. *ouch* Officers threatened us with destruction of property and burgularly, because we were 4 or 5 miles from the shopping center (we only brought carts there once, all the other times they were there already). Never got a ticket though. After the helicopter incident and an officer showing up at my friend's mom's house the next morning to "let her know what we were up too" we didn't make it a regular routine. Only have sped a shopping cart up a time or two since, and it's always been in an industrial area where people abandon couches and such, not the parking lot.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Besides, if you take THE shopping cart from the Ely General Store, someone is going to miss it.

Dan

Comment

To me, the initial presentation, it's spatial. It's being able to see things in 3-D and being able to see what's there. The second photo down, NOW I can see it. Heck yeah, there's the frame for a seat! No way I could have imagined that with a bag of dog food thrown down there on the bottom and trundling toward the checkout.

Down South, that's not a "shopping cart." It's a buggy. You throw stuff in the buggy at the grocery store, you DON'T push your shopping cart through the supermart.

Had a neighbor many years ago fresh down from Minnesota, on his first job out of Frozen Wasteland University, and he couldn't even pronounce the word when he tried..."Boggy??""
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My worst shopping cart experience comes from the drunk files. I was at the store (not b myself)and heading to the car, I was riding the back of the cart down a small slope and the front raises up, I start to drag my right foot to slow it down and bring the front down. All I can say is not a good idea. The cart came all the way back ,groceries spilling and me bumming up my ankle, and everyone going in and out of the store laughing the ass off at me.

Comment

Dang, I missed out on a lot of fun, now that I read all of these posts.

We didn't play with GROCERY STORE BUGGIES. We were out on the river bank catfishing and getting bit by mosquitoes and throwing beer cans into the water until the sun came up. Yeah, we were quite the presentable bunch of folks, I'm sure.

Comment

They are actually kind of fun to smoosh into snow banks with a plow too. Especially when they melt in the spring and the mangled carts show themselves again. :D
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    They are actually kind of fun to smoosh into snow banks with a plow too. Especially when they melt in the spring and the mangled carts show themselves again. :D
                    Snow banks? Is that where you store your snow for future withdrawal? We have credit unions, and regular banks, and....

No never mind, we've had sky crap down South too this year already. And we're not a third of the way through the calendar season called "Winter." It nearly sucks. I try to make nothing suck, everything's always okay, but snow in the South sucks. It doesn't belong here. We can't handle it. ANY of it. Not ready, not used to it.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'm the worst thread wrecker. Okay, back to shopping carts, though we don' have those down South. I really love it when unruly screaming kids want to ride on the bottom of the buggy screaming bloody murder while the mom shops for soup. Okay, I wrecked the thread again....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      After a night of moderate alcohol consumption ( :-[ :D ) my friends and I (along with our designated driver) began rumbling our way back to the car which was parked in a garage in downtown Boston.

We entered a parking garage, my buddy frank saw a cart, jumped in and I started pushing him. Spotting a wooden one arm "gate" at one of the levels I started running toward it, released the cart, Frank started screaming "I'm not gonna make it!"

For the 1.3 seconds I had to mentally process his statement, I didn't understand what he meant. When it became abundantly clear that the cart was about a foot taller than the arm, I understood. Then he smashed through the arm, the cart overturned and we began running. :D

We thought our goose was cooked because we were in a parking garage equipped with both security people and cameras. We made a hasty escape from the garage without the authorities catching us, although I have never been back to that garage since. ;D

THIS IS THE BOSTON POLICE!
                      Best you come right down to the police station.
                      We already have your statement.

Comment

$300-400.... You guys are getting hosed.

Learn more about our metal shopping carts for sale today. Your customers will love the durability of our metal grocery carts. Call now and ask for Dave.

I can pick up a large metal joby for like $165

Steve
                        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Or you could do something like this with one... ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X