Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM - government motors roaring back

yep , with half the dealers and a handy toyota never ending recall craze

e resurgent automaker reported Monday that its worldwide sales last year came within 30,000 of beating Japanese rival Toyota, which took a big hit because of safety recalls.

GM is hiring, producing more and basking in a better reputation for quality. It expects to sell even more cars and trucks this year, putting it within reach of the title of biggest in the world ? an honor it held for 76 years before losing it in 2008.

Regaining the global lead means a lot to workers on the assembly line in Flint, a town devastated by years of auto industry job losses. Just two years ago, they didn't know if their factory or even their company would survive.

Dana Rouse, a union official at the pickup truck factory here, called overtaking Toyota the Heisman Trophy of the auto business.

"We're going to take Toyota on, and the people in Flint are going to be a part of that," he said. "This is the birthplace of General Motors. We kind of take it a little more seriously than maybe some other towns."

GM executives say they are focused on keeping customers happy, not on the title. They remember the company's disastrous recent history, when it sold cars at a loss just to hold on to market share.

Re: GM - government motors roaring back

LOL ..too funny , no mention of ford or volkswagen

Comment

I drive by a GM stamping plant in Marion, In. a couple times a week. Last year the employee parking lot was a ghost town, now it's jam packed, so something must be going on.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Let's not be quick to blow this off. GM, from the suits to the folks on the line, have been working their butts off to try to make better product and bring this company back. Cities like Flint have their entire future hanging on it, not to mention the livelihoods of thousands of families. The option of failure is too much to bear. I say "Best of luck to them and may GM come back stronger than ever".

Dan

Comment

still under control of the evil empire
          lost my dealer , again

Comment

almost as good as toyota
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

they gained with sales to china. :

I am pondering a mustang just for a stronger rwd car daily driver...

I see thier midgetizing abyss getting even bigger...as we get cannibalized by tiny things by the billions... like a case of scabies, lingering even after the bug is gone.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

US sales GM is ON TOP
                toyota is way behind ford , so that must make ford better than toyota

Comment

Working...
                X