Barret-Jackson-what did you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barret-Jackson-what did you see?

I don't understand any of the prices, but admitedly my tastes are unique. Corvettes seem to bring big bucks on average, but a a more rare midsize Oldsmobiles and Buicks go cheap.
    Like stated earlier, all over the place. ???
    I think selling at a no reserve auction is just stupid, not sure why you would take the chance, I sure as hell wouldn't. What's the downside to taking your ride to a regular auction and having a resonable reserve?

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
      I don't understand any of the prices, but admitedly my tastes are unique. Corvettes seem to bring big bucks on average, but a a more rare midsize Oldsmobiles and Buicks go cheap.
      Like stated earlier, all over the place. ???
      I think selling at a no reserve auction is just stupid, not sure why you would take the chance, I sure as hell wouldn't. What's the downside to taking your ride to a regular auction and having a resonable reserve?
      No reserve auction at BJ's would be like
      throwing the dice at Vegas

the house has the edge

The Kennedy ambulance is enough for me to create doubts
      about the whole process.......just sayin
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Like the old journalists adage goes...follow the money.
        Those dudes wouldn't have admitted that the ambulance was a fake if JFK's corpse drove up in the real one.

Like someone already said, two types of people wear sunglasses inside...blind people and assholes. You pick.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Those dudes wouldn't have admitted that the ambulance was a fake if JFK's corpse drove up in the real one.

Like someone already said, two types of people wear sunglasses inside...blind people and assholes. You pick.
          Assholes

;D
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

If you are selling a great car it will bring it's proper value weather it's got a reserve or not, correct?
            Even if you have an average car that took $35,000 to put together, and you take it to a no-reserve auction the theory is that it could possibley bring more money than if it were run through an auction with a reserve set?
            I'm slow, please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk

Assholes

;D
              You mean:

Assholes

8) 8)

;D
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Thanks, dick boss. :D 8)
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

hey i ware sunglasses but i am really light sensitive and florecens really hurt my eyes :-[

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick

Assholes

;D
                    You mean:

Assholes

8) 8)

;D
                    LMAO!!!!
                    Thom

Comment

Tammy Allen = RMILF ? Rich Mook I'd Like to "Fraternize"

I am surprised the good Doctor Jensen didn't have a signed letter from JFK stating that ambulance was real. :D

If Barrett Jackson is one of the ten most ETHICAL companies (according to their website!) then what sort of sheisters run the rest? :o

Comment

Here's the link to the auction.

Listen to what the announcer says about car
                        :

Also look at Dr. Jensen's wife's expression
                        after gavel is down
                        :-[

Despite proof it's a fake, the Barrett-Jackson auction house still claims this "may be" the ambulance that transported President John F. Kennedy's body. It sold today at auction for $120,000. Barrett-Jackson's shredded credibility? Likely thrown in for free.
                        Thom

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                          Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                          That ambulance resold minutes after the gavel dropped. A lady (blonde, sits in the front row, never smiles)
                          with a museum in Grand Junction bought it - she had wished I'da bought it remorse I guess so she cut a deal with the short term owner.
                          Shes the one thats not bad looking with the leather jacket right? Shes kinda hot I think, if its the same one,she got a nice set too.
                          Not bad looking at all -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
                            t. What's the downside to taking your ride to a regular auction and having a reasonable reserve?
                            They don't have a shot at having their drunk dumbasses on TV?
                            STUGOTS

Comment

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha LMAO
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Here's the link to the auction.

Listen to what the announcer says about car
                                :

Also look at Dr. Jensen's wife's expression
                                after gavel is down
                                :-[

Despite proof it's a fake, the Barrett-Jackson auction house still claims this "may be" the ambulance that transported President John F. Kennedy's body. It sold today at auction for $120,000. Barrett-Jackson's shredded credibility? Likely thrown in for free.
                                Well, even if it WAS the real one Kennedy was in. Who gives a shit? If that thing ran good, I'd pay $800, take the motor and junk the rest. I would've rather had 2 big block corvettes instead of that silly ambulance for the money. Or a combo of 3 to 5 other cars
                                STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                                X