Barret-Jackson-what did you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barret-Jackson-what did you see?

As usual, there's NO pattern at B-J. Prices all over the place. Nice 4 BBL 58 Vette-$140K, nice 57 Fuelie Vette-$70K. And a so-so pro touring post model Chevelle, that will be out of style before i finish this, went for MORE than the 57 Vette Fuelie. Discuss
    STUGOTS

Re: Barret-Jackson-what did you see?

I think its to keep you watching .
    I still say there were some great deals there.

Comment

There were some good deals. . . well, relatively. And there were some cars I wouldn't want if you gave it to me. I'm not a huge Woody fan but this thing was awesome, $165K.

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I saw people with to much money LOL I wish I had more, their was some nice stuff there.

Comment

Sunday seemed like the crowd was much smaller and the prices were back to the Tues. - Weds. range in most cases.
          With the buyers and seller premiums (17%) B-J did real good.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I realized another reason I watch BJ. When I see a car I really like go across the block for alot of money I think to myself, with a little effort that dust collecting lump in my garage could be every bit as cool :-[.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I'll clarify what I'm about to say by stating that my taste in vehicles runs wierd! I probably only watched a 1/4 of the TV coverage but there were vehicles that that I thought brought way more then they should have and then there were some cars that went so cheap they could have been bought and Ebayed or put on Racing Junk at a profit. I'll sum it up by saying that place is just a whole different World then what I'm used to!

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

there were some cars that went so cheap they could have been bought and Ebayed or put on Racing Junk at a profit. I'll sum it up by saying that place is just a whole different World then what I'm used to!

Yeah, like the Silver Dollar Willys that went for $42K, BEFORE commissions. He's had that up locally for $190K. He must be pissing all over himself
                STUGOTS

Comment

Speaking of Vettes.........the Pro Team Corvette
                  guy was on the front row.

He bought a real nice black convertable....'58-'59 for
                  a song. When the camera panned over to him, he tried
                  hiding his face.

Later he was all smiles with some other celebs sitting
                  by.......go figure.

I thought the purported Kennedy ambulance was interesting.
                  Evidently the evidence wasn't enough to carry the day.....or price.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

That ambulance resold minutes after the gavel dropped. A lady (blonde, sits in the front row, never smiles)
                    with a museum in Grand Junction bought it - she had wished I'da bought it remorse I guess so she cut a deal with the short term owner.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                      That ambulance resold minutes after the gavel dropped. A lady (blonde, sits in the front row, never smiles)
                      with a museum in Grand Junction bought it - she had wished I'da bought it remorse I guess so she cut a deal with the short term owner.
                      Read on.........interesting

On Saturday, right after Barrett-Jackson sold the ambulance that didn't carry President John F. Kennedy's body following his assassination, another collector bought it for "slightly more" than the $120,000 auction price — and she's no stranger to politics.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Shes the one thats not bad looking with the leather jacket right? Shes kinda hot I think, if its the same one,she got a nice set too.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                          Shes the one thats not bad looking with the leather jacket right? Shes kinda hot I think, if its the same one,she got a nice set too.
                          Spoken like a true car guy.......

Hey, look at that car

Hey.......look at the rack of the owner

;D
                          Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                            Hmmm, I wonder if she's single? ;) ;D

Hey, look at that car

;D
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Monk

Hey, look at that car

;D
                              Right on !!

Comment

Working...
                              X