Bangshift Maxton Jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangshift Maxton Jam

To Dan Stokes and others, the possibility of a BangShift music jam at Maxton in April is on my mind - yeah or nay?

Dan, you found a church or something somewhere where we could set up, but in reality I don't think that's the right place for a bunch of hotrod revelers with stringed instruments to set up camp. And I have to think that coolers full of beer will be involved, wherever (if) it happens.

Yes, I can bring a lot of music and sound-making hardware, and by now it's getting closer and closer on the calendar as far as planning. I wasn't just kidding about it to begin with, but it'll take a lot of effort to pull it together if it happens.
    A lot.

Dan? You're the man. What say thee? And how many music experts will be there with noise makers in tow?

My only point, let's decide now if that's going to happen or not. If it's on, it'll make me be there. If it's not, I'm a bit more iffy about being at Maxton in April. Remember, I'm not the car guy, but I sure do enjoy the company of you fellas.
    It's hard to see that far out on the calendar, but if there was going to be a jam happen, it would add, no, FORCE a reason for me (us) to be there, damn the logistics.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Bangshift Maxton Jam

I'd be interested. I can't pull up where I was thinking we might play but what comes to mind is a restaurant owned by The Pine Acres (right next door). If we're gonna get serious I'll have to start asking.

The April meet is the busiest and may not be the best one to stage this - but I'm open. Might want to PM Luke, too as he's a serious player. Also, we can probably get Mark interested although he's a bit more Bluegrass. Also, I think I remember that you have a set of E-drums. That would, from my point of view, be a good thing (I don't yet have an E-kit).

Let's see where this leads.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
      I'd be interested. I can't pull up where I was thinking we might play but what comes to mind is a restaurant owned by The Pine Acres (right next door). If we're gonna get serious I'll have to start asking.

The April meet is the busiest and may not be the best one to stage this - but I'm open. Might want to PM Luke, too as he's a serious player. Also, we can probably get Mark interested although he's a bit more Bluegrass. Also, I think I remember that you have a set of E-drums. That would, from my point of view, be a good thing (I don't yet have an E-kit).

Let's see where this leads.

Dan
      April is more wide open for me, being able to take some time off from work maybe. That's where I'm coming from (at least I think).

Dan, I have an electric drum kit, can bring it. If we have to plan a later month, let me know that, too. I know April is busy for you and everybody surrounding the Maxton event. But we have to have players for the jam. Be-danged if it'll just be me, no I can't do that. Need a whole band to have fun. I have the equipment. Need players.

Comment

Guys - any one else want to rock-n-roll all night - and party every day? (Where have I heard that before?). Anyhow, jump in if you're interested.

Dan

Comment

In my humble means nothing totally irrelevant opinon, if I could make it to Maxton and you dudes were jammin live real music plus racing and drinks all in one place, I'd consider it my utopia.
          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Sounds like a hap'nin, Cap'n!

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane
              Where there's a will, there's a way!

Sounds like a hap'nin, Cap'n!

So, Two Lane, whatcha got? Whatcha gonna bring?

Comment

I don't think it's gonna happen. I guess it was just a great idea that keeps coming back, over and over in my mind.

Probably a bad idea to begin with. A good idea, but not do-able in reality.

Comment

We don't seem to be getting much excitement on here, is we? Worth bringing up, anyway.

Dan

Comment

I mis read your subject line

thought you had some kind
                    of special jelly
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                    X