200 MPH & No Chute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 MPH & No Chute?

You may have seen it in my highlights when I was doing live coverage on Drag Week, but this was one of the craziest on board videos I've gotten yet!

Jeff Lutz lays down his 2nd 200MPH pass of the week and then the chutes fail to open!

Luckily this is Jeff's home track so he knew just how short the shut down was. After hitting the chute handle several times (and bending it) he layed on the brakes HARD, shaving off a good 1/4" of tread on one spot on his front passenger tire

The DVD will be shipping in a little over a month I hope.

Enjoy

Jeff Lutz has a close call when his chutes don't deploy at Pittsburgh Raceway Park on a 200mph pass with a 7.11 E/T. He locked up the front tire & saved it ...

Re: 200 MPH & No Chute?

I need a clean pair of undies after just WATCHING that! Glad that everyone is OK.

Dan

Comment

Great video of a class act..... Simply a nice guy....

Car just amazes me how freaking stout it is and then drives 1000 miles to get to the tracks every day....

Epic

Comment

I wondered what you were going to say about this. Clearly it wasn't on purpose and I'll wager it was fixed for the next run.

Dan

Comment

Serious pucker factor there. :o
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Gotta give HUGE thumbs up to the track safety crew too. That dude was there almost before the car stopped.

AWESOME driving job to haul that monster down with no air brakes.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That sucks.....I have been there when your chute doesn't open, and I had 9/10 of a mile and it wasn't enough.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

*whistle* Damn, I agree with Bob.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Great vid. I got to climb all over that thing at Columbus, and man is it nicely done. and Mr. Lutz IS a nice guy...didn't know me from adam... and he bent my ear givin' me details about his ride.... nice guy.
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                    Great vid. I got to climb all over that thing at Columbus, and man is it nicely done. and Mr. Lutz IS a nice guy...didn't know me from adam... and he bent my ear givin' me details about his ride.... nice guy.
                    Agreed 100%, their whole family is awesome! The first time I met them was down in Orlando and my in car video setup was having audio issues, him and his son helped me re-soldier the mic wiring literally 5 minutes after meeting them. It was awesome to see them show up in '09? Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves this year!

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Gotta give HUGE thumbs up to the track safety crew too. That dude was there almost before the car stopped.

AWESOME driving job to haul that monster down with no air brakes.
                    I have to admit that they weren't there QUITE as quick as the video makes it appear, if you watch closely, the moped appears out of nowhere because I cut out about 30 seconds of nothingness from the video, but it was still pretty damn quick!

Comment

Working...
                    X