CarJunkieTV.com versus Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarJunkieTV.com versus Top Gear

I have a good idea :.What i have been watching from a not so bad program from England,is the generally trashing of american cars in a program that millions of people watch.How about some videos from CarJunkieTV that shows the brits how cars should perform? ;D

Re: CarJunkieTV.com versus Top Gear

Great idea. I would trash some British cars, Germans cars, especially Jap cars. Lets see a real world test of the Toyota trucks against some Chevy or Ford trucks. No BS, just test them to see whats what.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
      Great idea. I would trash some British cars, Germans cars, especially Jap cars. Lets see a real world test of the Toyota trucks against some Chevy or Ford trucks. No BS, just test them to see whats what.
      ehh, you probably don't want that.

But I cannot stand some of those Top Gear episodes (although it's similar to CJTV only for people who don't work on their own cars, IMO). LIke where the corvette beats the sh!t out of all their other "favorite" cars and all they can talk about is that the interior feels "plasticky"

Yes, it's a cheap interior. It's a Chevy. But it kicks the crap out of supercars three times it's price!!!
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm kind of expecting(hoping???) the same type of the show antic's on CarJunkieTV in the non-Tech parts. How would their new Free van do driving if fill with water? (providing all the rust holes can be filled :P)
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

By trash, I mean driving the crap out of them, not trash talking. But the show should definitely have an American slant just the way they have theirs.

Comment

Trouble with this is that they already know it. Why do you think they put chevy v8s in jags.
            HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

i offer my driving skills, but have to make enough to be a hot-rodder in california.

top gear is cool because of the stig.

Comment

toyota trucks are like old willys jeeps , no power - tons of gearing
                I don't think those british swish guys get the hands dirty too much

Comment

I think the American version of the show is going to be sub-par. The Brits are not beholden to advertisers on their version because the BBC is a state owned and run entity. The American version, being on network TV, and in the pockets of advertisers won't have the same biting criticism because their ad revenue would dry up instantly.

That being said, I think Adam Carolla is hilarious and there's been rumors that he'll be one of the hosts. Hopefully they can come up with some "fun stuff" for the guys to do.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

car junky better have better music.

don't forget terrible ted.

Comment

Carjunkie should call them out once in a while (the mfg's) we all know some cars out there that all the mainstream seems to love really do suck. It would be a real breath of fresh air (once in a while) .

Comment

I live in Michigan and would be more than willing to "test" any and all new american cars the manufacturer would "loan" CarjunkieTV. Hell, i'm ony 20 minutes from GM's Milford proving grounds.

Come on DF pulls some strings. I promise to really "test" the crap out of some cars. I'll even do it for free. ;D
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

this is the mischief and mayhem that I expect from the Carjunkie Experience!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                            I'm kind of expecting(hoping???) the same type of the show antic's on CarJunkieTV in the non-Tech parts. How would their new Free van do driving if fill with water? (providing all the rust holes can be filled :P)

Ooohhhh I like this one. I'm in. I'd drive it.
                            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

We will test anything we can get our hands on. Serious and not so serious alike. And we'll be giving you all the opinion and ratings you can stand. If we say it, it's our true feeling. There will be no buying of our opinion. Fair, honest, and reliable is what you are looking for and that's what you'll get. Oh and plenty of antics too. I want to jump the free Van. Daphne doesn't like the idea. Shhhhhh it will be our little secret...
                              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                              X