Temptations, Temptations, Temptations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temptations, Temptations, Temptations

So the weather here has been above freezing for a day or two and tommorrow it is suppose to be the same. The roads are clear and not full of slush and puddles and crap. Today I saw a harley go by ( kid you not) and I sit here and think to myself, do I wake up the pony or let her stay in hibernation? I need to get the gas burnt out of it and charge the battery and rotate the tires ;D

But do I risk driving it when its virtually rust free ???

Is it april yet?
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Re: Temptations, Temptations, Temptations

sorry...

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Sounds like SOMEONE *needs* a model Train layout to play with.......... ;D!! No need to *risk* driving around in that slop.~J/W.

Comment

I'm with Patrick's Dad!

Dan

Comment

great time for a donut...

and a coffee.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Just wash it when you get home

Comment

IT'S A FORD so I wanna say, go ahead... but , unless it's your only car I'd leave it sleep
              if you knew it was a stepping stone to a bigger better car.. then sure why not...
              the comment of wash it after, while a good one.. it's hard to get half the salty mess out of all the spots it'll find a way into..you'll never get it all, or slose to half of it all for that matter..
              so let it sleep.. sorry I'm no help..

Comment

Drive it and wash it.

Hell, one ride isn't gonna cause the thing to freaking melt.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'm with Brian. Yesterday morning I saw there was a motorcycle parked outside the Hotel Nevada, which means someone is on a long bike ride this winter :o

This weekend I plan on firing up the Centurion and T-bird. May even pull the T-bird out and drive it around town some. I've been in the mood to drive it lately.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When you do the burnout make sure you post the video. AKA drive the bitch. But yeah clean it up good when you're done.
                    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                      Sounds like SOMEONE *needs* a model Train layout to play with.......... ;D!! No need to *risk* driving around in that slop.~J/W.
                      I saw Nahaaaahhhh {sorry, horse humor}.

What do tits and toy trains have in common?
                      Meant for little kids, but old men love to play with them.
                      ;D
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

If I gotta wait to go for a drive, YOU gotta wait too! April? Really? You cant wait till April? I gotta wait till May, usually mid month before I can drive anything but the soul sucking winter beaters. We need at least two good hard rains to wash the salt off, and if it snows just once they will dump the rest of the salt they didnt use on the roads even if it would melt on its own in minutes.

Go start it up and rev it a few times... I cant even do that yet. I would have to get 3ft of snow off the car first!

Comment

I decided against driving today because of light flurries and wet roads. I think I can hold out for a little while longer.

My goal is to have a tank of gas ran through it by april 15. Weather permitting

You guys have to remember I have only put maybe 60 miles on this car since I bought it. Then put it away for the winter. You see where this is going??

Jeff
                          Follow My Build

Comment

Jeff....I am sitting in a partially melted snow drift in Omaha.
                            Trust me. I want to take the Torino out, but I have not.
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Ol' Goliath is going for a rumble around the 'hood today.
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X