Today, Jan. 28 is the 25th Annv. of Shuttle Challenger accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, Jan. 28 is the 25th Annv. of Shuttle Challenger accident

RIP to the crew who lost their lives on this day, 25 years ago.
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Re: Today, Jan. 28 is the 25th Annv. of Shuttle Challenger accident

Was watching it with my mom getting ready for afternoon kindergarten. Sad day.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yeah, that was our generations "where were you when JFK was shot".

I was in 7th grade, didn't see it live but, the kids in science lab did, and came out into the halls of school crying.

A stop for a soda at Roger's Market on the way home from school is where I saw it for the first time that day.

NASA Astronaut Doug Wheellock is from my hometown, and went to the same school as my son does, as well as his Dad and my Father-n-law worked to together, and have been friends for many moons. Doug has stopped by the school many times over the years while Cam has gone there. I have to say, when the subject of NASA or Doug is brought up by Cam, I can't NOT think back to this day 25 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9FLyL68It0 NASA TV - The place to be.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I was at work when it happened.
        Worked a double shift that day, and didn't actually see videotape until well after midnight.
        Bad juju.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I don't recall where or what I was doing at the time, I was in the first grade and wasn't watching it. :-\
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I was working at long gone dealership, we would all take our lunch breaks to watch the launch.
            We all stood around , not knowing what to say, dumbfounded, with the Office girls sobbing.
            Seems like it was just yesterday.
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I was in the first grade, my school had the kids gathered in the lunch room to watch the launch.
              Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

I was in 8th grade science class. one of the nicest teacher I ever had, but she was really broken up over this. First time I heard her raise her voice to kids goofing off.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I was in my freshman year in college, was walking across campus and someone told me - went to the snackshop and watched the footage. I'll always remember it as the day the US learned it wasn't invincible.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I was working for a car rental agency and was at a car dealership picking up a customer. When I walked into the waiting room I saw it on the TV. I can't believe it's been 25 years!
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                      I was in my freshman year in college, was walking across campus and someone told me - went to the snackshop and watched the footage. I'll always remember it as the day the US learned it wasn't invincible.
                      I wasn't around for the Challenger 25 years ago, but sheesh thats one hell of an accurate statement I'm sure we've all experienced.
                      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Was watching it with my mom getting ready for afternoon kindergarten. Sad day.
                        I was in school too, watching it. I remember hearing kids yelling a countdown...
                        quitest classroom ever...the pause that followed.

and the toughest teacher in the world cried.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

doing rear axle bearings on 20 series pickup at kayson chev ... sad , heard it on the howard stern show

Comment

I watched it live, in 8th grade class. Lots of stunned people, didn't know what to do or say.
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Senior year, had just come home for lunch with my Mom and she was watching it live. Truly a sad day, may they be remembered forever.
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X