The drive to do stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The drive to do stuff

Going places and doing things are two facets of life that I really cherish.

Be it small adventures like picking up a motor or huge ass truck in a place you've never been before or epic trips, they all have a special spot in my memory bank. I think that there is no greater pleasure than seeing a place you've never seen before, driving down a road you've never driven before, or eaten at a place you've never eaten at before.

I'd be a very sad person if traveling and doing stuff with some regularity were not part of my life.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
      Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
      Originally posted by Blazerteam
      Would really like to go to England too,and visit Goodwood.And when im down there,i should drive to Holland too,and visit BBM ;D
      :o
      Well I guess as long as you don't talk 'funny' all the time you're more than welcome... :P ;D

I've been thinking it would be great to go to the big meet in V?ster?s with one of my cars, or any other large car meeting over there. It's been ages I've been on a decent vacation and I would really like to take a long roadtrip one day.
      "Funny"..me and this guy doesnt understand.. ;D.

Its on my "to do list",to go down Europe with The Chevelle.V?ster?s is big..i have been there twice,and its HUGE!!.You will meet alot of people with the same kind of cars as you have..there are thousands of thousands of the mthere..Fifties and sixties american cruisers rule in Sweden.

My favorite muppet, but never could understand a word he said. Arild, could you translate for us? ;D
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Its a language everybody understand when seeing what he does ;D

Comment

When in high school a 'big' trip was driving 70+ miles to San Jose for a car show or Santa Cruz to the beach. Then I joined the Navy and was immediately flown to Florida for bootcamp and training. At 18, this was my first time in a plane. I came back to the west coast & joined the USS Enterprise which did a world cruise. Next came the trip back to Florida for more training, I drove it from Calif to Pensacola for the 'adventure'. After a year of training I then shipped out to a boat in Japan for 3 years. I came back home after those 6 years and only lasted 2 weeks living with my parents before I had to get out.

It seems that the time I spent in the Navy grew in me the desire to travel, even as some have said, just for a drive to a car show that is out of town. I've gone as far as Manteno, Ill for a car show at Rad Rides by Troy with a good friend and had a great time. Last weekend I drove down to Pomona for GNRS with 3 other friends and had the opportunity to talk with Chad for awhile. Meeting new people who also enjoy the Automotive obsession is pretty much always cool and getting there can be part of the fun.
          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Working...
          X