Trick Transmission idenfication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick Transmission idenfication

In the Grand National Roadster Show gallery on the main page there was a buggy with what looks like a SBC not a SBC but some V8 possibly a LS4 and a FWD transmission that was converted to a longitudinal rear engine RWD.

I posted the pic in question below.

Does anyone know what type of transmission it is and who sells it?

Thanks

Re: Trick Transmission idenfication

Looks like an old Olds or Caddy Fwd set-up to me, maybe 68-69. If thats a warmed up Olds Tornoto 455/hydro or Caddy Eldo mill, with spray no less, that thing must flat haul ass!
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Hard to tell, but it looks like a TH-425 behind a 472/500 Cadillac. Old cars in junkyards is your source now.

Comment

Maybe someone more knowledgeable of sandrails can help out with the details.

All I know is that there are plenty of hi-performance transaxles available or built up for sand rails and dune buggies. I'm not sure of the original source of the transaxles, but I've even come across a buggy with a modern Porsche unit.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm
          Hard to tell, but it looks like a TH-425 behind a 472/500 Cadillac. Old cars in junkyards is your source now.
          Yup, has the even spaced exhaust ports.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm
            My thoughts exactly. The TH425 is pretty distinctive.

Comment

Working...
            X