Car transport from Virginia to Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car transport from Virginia to Wisconsin

I am planning to purchase an old race car (Next project ;D) in the western Virginia area and haul it back to Wisconsin. If there is anyone out in the western VA area that has a truck and trailer and wants to make a few bucks, let me know.
    Not looking for any freebees, just want to shave a few hours off the round trip if you know what I mean.
    Google maps says 18 hours (About 1,000 miles) from WI to VA.
    I need to get it by early April so there is no rush.
    I know the chances are slim that anyone will have the capacity to assist, but ya' never know. ;)

Re: Car transport from Virginia to Wisconsin

i got a guy in that neck of the woods that hauls cars for a living, lemmie track his number down and i'll fwd it to you
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

give us a hint

Comment

Boooghar, apreciated!

Hints:
        1. An imaginary gnomelike creature to whom mechanical problems, especially in aircraft, are attributed.
        2. A maker of mischief.

Any guesses ;D

Comment

Gremmie!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I know a gbuy who used to live in the UP, he has a friend who hauls stuff all the time. He brought my 65 GTO up from South Carolina. I will hit him up over on PY and see what he can do.

Comment

i WOULD TAKE A MASKIN AND KANNERS HORNET X

Comment

Ding, ding, ding, correct.
                Now guess the racing sanctioning body and class.

Comment

AMC guys are so weird.

Comment

All of these guessing games are giving me a headache. I hate puzzles and riddles.

I could tug it a while from eastern TN, if the route comes through here. That would give me a reason to go get a trailer hitch for Bubba the Truck. Is this a Redball thing, or a one-shot?
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thumpin455, Thank you ;D

Comment

Not really looking for a redball thing, I'm actually looking forward to a bit of a road trip, but if I could reduce the trek a few hours that would make it all a little easier.

If there is a guy that will tug it closer for a few hundred bucks that would be ok too.
                        Just looking at all the options. I paid a grand to get a Javelin shell from Arizona to Wisconsin, it was well worth it but looking to do some of the haul on my own this time around, haven't done a road trip in a bit ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
                          Ding, ding, ding, correct.
                          Now guess the racing sanctioning body and class.
                          I know they ran in IMSA, and I'm sure they ran in SCCA....maybe some sore of production class?
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'm in southeastern TN, Bradley County sits on the Georgia border. Polk County to our east borders with North Carolina. That's where we are.

How in the world can I help? It sounds like a grand adventure of some kind, and we're all BangShift Brothers, here.

What can I do to help? Virginia to Wisconsin. What do you need man?
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You got it Brian, The car actually has an IMSA racing history in the 'RS' class which was basically a production class.
                              I've been reading up on it and it sounds totally cool, the RS series was full of Pinto's, BMW 2002's, and all sorts of early 70's econo-boxes turned race cars. Gremlins did very will in the series.

I have not road raced a car before, but from my motorcycle days I know that learning to go 'round a road race track is best learned in a 'slow' car.

Plan is to get it ready for some autocross and eventually SVRA stuff. There are two SVRA events at Road America each year. The car's getting stored for a couple years 'till I get the Javelin where I want it, but stuff like this doesn't come up for sale very often, so one must eat cookies when cookies are passed.

Comment

Working...
                              X