*****HELP BANGSHIFT NEEDS YOUR VOTE - We're closing on them!****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *****HELP BANGSHIFT NEEDS YOUR VOTE - We're closing on them!****

That's easy to get around if your internet is set up to give you a different IP address every time you log on. A common thing to do if you are a hacker dork.

As if Miss Mary Pozzi needs more freebie parts for her ride. :P
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
      WTF??? You sneaky little... I thought you could only vote one day for each one! :o
      It helps having friends.

And no, none of us really NEED the prizes...We just did it for fun, and the sake of a challenge.

Comment

Re: I wouldn't go that far hun... ;)

Yes, Mark... : Nobody "needs" the prize really, we could have all stayed at work that day, and bought the stuff with the money. So yes, we all did it for fun .

Anyhow, after what you said about your own team for day one, you guys are still looking to possibly come back and take it which makes one wonder about what's behind some of these votes.

I gotta say, I can't quite figure you guys out. We get called-out for somehow being "coached" by Chad (so what if we had?) but two short phone calls between us about details does not a coaching session make. You feel you were "sandbagged", when you guys got your video equipment four days before us. We like you are uncomfortable in front of a camera so we practiced one evening, and said so, then your team member sees fit to point that out like it's somehow dopey that we did that (preparation is bad?).

After watching and being inspired by the October videos we were sure that the participants from both sides were going to taking the qualilty level of this a step up, and everyone surely did including us and also our direct competition...they like any of us did not really know what they were in for. That has been the challenge and the fun, and as a viewer I enjoyed being invited into the lives as such of the people I've been communicating with only on the 'net all this time. We did it our way, you did it yours, I personally voted one time for each day and where it goes from there is out of my hands anyway.

Originally posted by MarksBB

I'll be the first to admit we did not do so well on day 1, Rod and Suzy forgot all about the video camera being a major role in the judging. I was not so comfortable in front of the camera at first but got used to it as the day progressed. I think it's safe to say we recovered as of today and I hope we do as well tomorrow.

Your guys/gals did very well I must say. The interviews were as well thought out as the destinations you chose.

As for my statement that there was sandbagging/coaching I do think your team leader did have more exposure and experience to the way the game is played out in the real world and he certainly used that to your guys benifit.

Comment

There is no 'figguring' us out bro, we are all individuals just like you guys here at bangshift.

There was no malice intended and no, there is nothing wrong with preparation at all, on the contrary, anyone who has ever raced knows its not just the difference between winning and loosing but it can be the difference between living and dyeing.

I think my mentioning you guys getting coached was an indirect admission I had failed in that area. I though of and should have communicated more with my team members. I had a pretty good idea of what was expected and could have done better conveying that to my team members.

As for the voting I also only voted once (for each day of the event) I did so at work and my wife did so from home. I do believe we have a big advantage at NastyZ just for sheer numbers. The nasty site is huge with many active members that have been around for a long time. We have been actively soliciting votes and asking members to request votes from friends and family. I think it was Gail who admitted it was but a popularity contest and she would be correct in that the content of the videos is secondary to how many friend and friends of friends you can convince to vote.

I still intend on recruiting as many votes as possible and I expect you all would do the same.
          Here is an excerpt from my mass mail to the contacts in my e-mail

watch the videos and be sure to vote for team 1 for all four days (assuming we are worthy) The voting is close right now and I hope with your help we will take all four days.
          I will be the first to admit I do come off as cocky at times and often humorous but I try to always be sincere and truthful.

No hard feelings on either side I would hope, you guys here are every bit as real and human as the members at NastyZ. As a matter of fact a few members here are also members at Nasty.

It's a great game and I commend Mike and Scott for developing it into what I hope will be (with our help) a great success.

Cheers,
          Mark Norman
          Team 1 Tour Director

Comment

Guys and gals, we still need your help to make a Bang Shift win. If you can please go back into Roadtourexpress.com and be sure you voted for Team 2 teams for all four days.

We are losing to the nastyz28 forum in the Day 2, Day and Day categories.

You can also vote from your smart phone, work computer, home computer etc.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I tried to go back in and vote again a couple times but there were no vote buttons.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

'Just been over at nasty Z, as far as I can tell if anyone on their side had submitted ten minutes of black, you'd be seeing the same votes.

Really, one thing I liked about our direct competition, Rodney and Suzy, is that they had a pretty bitchen' car. What's up with their other three days?

Laugh,

L

Comment

Come on Gals & Guys, we can push the Bangshift Teams ahead, vote once a day off of each computer, you know like "Chicago Politics" vote early and vote often even if you're Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Loren
                    'Just been over at nasty Z, as far as I can tell if anyone on their side had submitted ten minutes of black, you'd be seeing the same votes.

Really, one thing I liked about our direct competition, Rodney and Suzy, is that they had a pretty bitchen' car. What's up with their other three days?

Laugh,

L
                    Now yer just sounding bitter Loren. How is that the case ^ if team 2 still has the lead for day one? splain that for me will ya?
                    as for the cars, yes Rods got a bitchin first gen Camaro. as for me, I'm sorry if I had to sell my second gen 454 Camaro a few months ago so I could pay the bills and keep food on the table for my three kids at least I still have a 4th gen Camaro and not driving a Cherokee or somethin : Mary's '02 SS is a damn nice car and Probably a very appropriate car to be running down highway 1. If you can't appreciate the corvette suspension under Kyles 57 and an LT-1 under the hood of his party wagon then you need a new hobby, just sayin.

The disparity in the voting likely has to do with brand loyalty and the fact bangshift decided it would be exclusive to bangshift for team 2 thus limiting you loyalty base to the 7500 members here whereas Nasty has over 33 THOUSAND members. The fact I brought in Rod and Kyle from pro-touring.com that brings in another fan base of over 24 THOUSAND members. That 57,000 members between Nasty and PT.com vs 7,500 members here. To be honest I am suprised its not even more lopsided than it is.

Lets keep this game civil, and I don't think Gail should be posting negative remarks on other peoples facebook. It really does not shine a good light on your club here.

Cheers,
                    Mark Norman
                    Team 1 Tour Director

Originally posted by 457Brodix
                    Come on Gals & Guys, we can push the Bangshift Teams ahead, vote once a day off of each computer, you know like "Chicago Politics" vote early and vote often even if you're Dead!
                    only one vote per computer is allowed and if you would be promoting less than ethical practices, that also reflect negatively on the club here.

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix
                      only one vote per computer is allowed and if you would be promoting less than ethical practices, that also reflect negatively on the club here.
                      OH , Geez Mark, I'm so sorry for implying that, I am from Illinois (Hence Chicago Politics) and I don't own a 4th gen. Camaro. I do however think it's pretty awesome that you're sure none of the 57,000 members you mentioned voted more then once, I think that's very Honorable and I'm really impressed! Crap, I'll probably get kicked out of the "club" now for suggesting that we vote more then once!

Comment

Hell, I was just staying with the tone of my reply..lmao, yeah, I voted at least 4 times myself, I have two pc's and a laptop at work and then voted again on my smart phone .... My wife voted from here at home and again at the office....dee dee dee Thought we wouldn't?

I'm honestly surprised at day 1 results, that says something right there. It tells me Loren and Gail did a damn good job and had superior product that was able to sway the brand loyalty. Good product and volume sells. What else could it be?

Ilinois, damn sorry dood, stay warm.

Comment

Now yer just sounding bitter Loren. .
                          Actually, after all this, I just had to talk a little sh*t, ;)

We'll have a beer some day...

Comment

Can't we all just get along! ;D
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                              Can't we all just get along! ;D
                              No Rodney, what fun would that be anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Loren
                                Now yer just sounding bitter Loren. .
                                Actually, after all this, I just had to talk a little sh*t, ;)

We'll have a beer some day...
                                That would be cool!! But yer not getting me SOUL!

Comment

Working...
                                X