X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Tour Express
    replied
    Re: *****HELP BANGSHIFT NEEDS YOUR VOTE - We're closing on them!****

The next edition of the Road Tour Express is kicking off. We took this chance to step in front of the camera (something we won’t do very often) and express our gratitude to the participants and sponsors from the January event and invite you to get involved with the March event.

Road Tour Express 2011 #2 will run March 7th-10th
    http://roadtourexpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/map.png"][/URL]
    We’re taking this one down south, with a real party in mind, and we’re asking you to help us shape this event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbUG6QKEdE

We are looking for ideas on an exact destination:
    We know we want to end up in the New Orleans area. Do you know of a cool spot to have the last day’s drive end? Maybe a shop, museum, hotel, or cool restaurant?

How about challenge ideas:
    Watch the previous events and get the idea of what we’re after. They should be simple to complete but leave plenty of room for creativity.

Team Captains (Tour Guides):
    We need 2 people to step up and take on the task of assembling a teams. This isn’t as easy as it sounds – in fact it is a little like herding flies! “Tour Guides” search forums and message boards looking for volunteers and play a complicated game of connect-the-dots to ensure the package gets delivered to the destination. It is actually optional for the Tour Guide to be a driver in the event.

Drivers:
    We will need 8 drivers (and co-drivers) that can spend a day driving around in their hot rod. These drives should be around 75 to 100 miles, giving more than enough time to complete the challenge, drop off the package to the next crew, and return home.

http://roadtourexpress.com/your-suggestions/"]CLICK HERE to submit ideas[/URL]

http://roadtourexpress.com/team-captain-registration/"]CLICK HERE to sign up to take part[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• MarksBB
    replied
    Congrats Loren and gail!

It was neck and neck there and you two pulled it off.

Good job!

Leave a comment:

• LORENSWIFE
    replied

Just got to work in my POS Cherokee. Oh and it has a new modification! A brand new Hello Kitty sticker.
    oh yeah, and I topped off the radiator water....
    Tied up all weekend trying to get ComiCon tix for my baby girl. She is an AMAZING anime artist. Had to shovel some poop in the horse pen (instead of here), Hen has a bunch of new babies, etc.

THANKS TO ALL BANGSHIFTERS WHO VOTED!
    There are still a few days left...

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THIS IS OVER! :P

Love
    ~Gail

Leave a comment:

• tcbnj
    replied

Thanks for the reminders Gail, great vids, reminds me of power tour, the drive is more often more fun than the destinations!

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
    Trust me though, I will use ANYTHING to get the vote out.

Love
    ~Gail

Leave a comment:

• MarksBB
    replied

Originally posted by 457Brodix
    Originally posted by tedly
    Can't we all just get along! ;D
    No Rodney, what fun would that be anyway?
    Knuckles 8)

Originally posted by Loren
    ;D ;D
    You too 8)

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied

;D ;D

Leave a comment:

• MarksBB
    replied

Originally posted by MarksBB
    Now yer just sounding bitter Loren. .
    Actually, after all this, I just had to talk a little sh*t, ;)

We'll have a beer some day...
    That would be cool!! But yer not getting me SOUL!

Leave a comment:

• 457Brodix
    replied

Originally posted by tedly
    No Rodney, what fun would that be anyway?

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied

Now yer just sounding bitter Loren. .
    Actually, after all this, I just had to talk a little sh*t, ;)

We'll have a beer some day...

Leave a comment:

• MarksBB
    replied

Hell, I was just staying with the tone of my reply..lmao, yeah, I voted at least 4 times myself, I have two pc's and a laptop at work and then voted again on my smart phone .... My wife voted from here at home and again at the office....dee dee dee Thought we wouldn't?

I'm honestly surprised at day 1 results, that says something right there. It tells me Loren and Gail did a damn good job and had superior product that was able to sway the brand loyalty. Good product and volume sells. What else could it be?

Ilinois, damn sorry dood, stay warm.

Leave a comment:

• 457Brodix
    replied

Come on Gals & Guys, we can push the Bangshift Teams ahead, vote once a day off of each computer, you know like "Chicago Politics" vote early and vote often even if you're Dead!
    only one vote per computer is allowed and if you would be promoting less than ethical practices, that also reflect negatively on the club here.
    OH , Geez Mark, I'm so sorry for implying that, I am from Illinois (Hence Chicago Politics) and I don't own a 4th gen. Camaro. I do however think it's pretty awesome that you're sure none of the 57,000 members you mentioned voted more then once, I think that's very Honorable and I'm really impressed! Crap, I'll probably get kicked out of the "club" now for suggesting that we vote more then once!

Leave a comment:

• MarksBB
    replied

'Just been over at nasty Z, as far as I can tell if anyone on their side had submitted ten minutes of black, you'd be seeing the same votes.

Really, one thing I liked about our direct competition, Rodney and Suzy, is that they had a pretty bitchen' car. What's up with their other three days?

Laugh,

L
    Now yer just sounding bitter Loren. How is that the case ^ if team 2 still has the lead for day one? splain that for me will ya?
    as for the cars, yes Rods got a bitchin first gen Camaro. as for me, I'm sorry if I had to sell my second gen 454 Camaro a few months ago so I could pay the bills and keep food on the table for my three kids at least I still have a 4th gen Camaro and not driving a Cherokee or somethin : Mary's '02 SS is a damn nice car and Probably a very appropriate car to be running down highway 1. If you can't appreciate the corvette suspension under Kyles 57 and an LT-1 under the hood of his party wagon then you need a new hobby, just sayin.

The disparity in the voting likely has to do with brand loyalty and the fact bangshift decided it would be exclusive to bangshift for team 2 thus limiting you loyalty base to the 7500 members here whereas Nasty has over 33 THOUSAND members. The fact I brought in Rod and Kyle from pro-touring.com that brings in another fan base of over 24 THOUSAND members. That 57,000 members between Nasty and PT.com vs 7,500 members here. To be honest I am suprised its not even more lopsided than it is.

Lets keep this game civil, and I don't think Gail should be posting negative remarks on other peoples facebook. It really does not shine a good light on your club here.

Cheers,
    Mark Norman
    Team 1 Tour Director

Come on Gals & Guys, we can push the Bangshift Teams ahead, vote once a day off of each computer, you know like "Chicago Politics" vote early and vote often even if you're Dead!
    only one vote per computer is allowed and if you would be promoting less than ethical practices, that also reflect negatively on the club here.

Leave a comment:

• 457Brodix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied

'Just been over at nasty Z, as far as I can tell if anyone on their side had submitted ten minutes of black, you'd be seeing the same votes.

Really, one thing I liked about our direct competition, Rodney and Suzy, is that they had a pretty bitchen' car. What's up with their other three days?

Laugh,

L

Leave a comment:

Working...
X