No announcement yet.

So who else has bad weather a coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So who else has bad weather a coming?

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    The snow plows are getting stuck up here in WI.
    And here in Michigan.

Comment

Its tough here in San Diego too! I saw a cloud today.
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
        Its tough here in San Diego too! I saw a cloud today.
        That's really mean, especially after we voted for your team, I'm also guessing that your Momma never told you that no one likes a smart a.. Seriously though I envy the heck out of you West Coast people, I know it's a tough life but someone has to live there!

Comment

It was mean, please accept my apologies. As bad as it is back there just remember you guys have seasons! WE don't. Believe it or not great weather can get really BORING sometimes. My bucket list includes being on the East Coast for the fall, New York for Thanksgiving etc. I actually get excited if we have a wildfire! at least it's something. Earthquakes were cool when i was a kid but now they scare me too!. At least our house is close to a flood plain and I can watch the water rise.
          Please take care all you Nor-Easters. Get out those snugglies you got for Christmas that you thought were stupid. Fire up the woodstove! make some Hot Toddies, and if that doesn't work visit out here, bring a bathingsuit!
          ~Gail
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

WTF!!!. On night shift so I'm just headed to work. It was 71 degrees this time yesterday now 40 with a brisk north wind and rain.
            It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Don't apologize Gail! I'd be rubbing it in if I were there. We're just pissy because it's cold as hell and everyone's snowed in. ;)
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                The snow plows are getting stuck up here in WI.
                Where are you at in WI?

Comment

I don't know what the total number was,
                  but I bet we got 16+ inches, the drifting , and blowing.

It's a mess, for sure.

Comment

Mostly over here now.... Lights went out at 8pm or so last night...All my food from the fridge an freezer got frozen to the porch after I put it outside to stay cool...We got about 1/2" of Ice before midnight. I live under a crapload of trees...they started breaking about 11pm and I laid in bed listening to them fall through the branches...till about 2am when the wind really picked up... which was actually good cause it broke all that ice off the trees..and they stopped dropping! but the lights didn't come back till almost 11am today....
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                      I know all of you will laugh at me since we aren't having freezing weather, but it is windy like none other here.

We moved West about 5 miles almost two years ago, and the Santa Ana winds are almost non existent here. BUT, last night and today they are whipping through our street at 55mph or so. Based on our experience at our old house, that means we would have had 85-100mph winds at our old front door. It was insane over there.

We actually had a wind storm shear the aluminum pins on our front double doors at the old house and blow them in. We had to tie ratchet straps to the front doors and attach them to the posts on the front porch. It was crazy. It even tried to blow our garage door in on the Bonneville car. We had to build bracing out of 2x4s and attach them to the door and the concrete floor. Seriously, the wind is nuts.

Wind gusts hit 80 mph on I-15 today knocking over a total of 15 big rigs. The CHP was warning all truckers that weren't running full loads to stay off the road. Big Bear will be down into the single digits the next two nights, temps wise. Hoping Doug, Bearphoto, has got a cord or two of firewood in the back yard.

As for Super Bowl Sunday, I'll keep that weather to myself. No sense in pissing off everybody. :P
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X