Retired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired

For almost 26 years, 5 , 6, or 7 days a week I have walked through the gates at GM. I have worked in a number of different locations, but always with a GM badge hanging around my neck. For The last couple years I have not enjoyed working there like I had in the past. Maybe the bankruptcy changed things, maybe I changed, or maybe a little of both. Either way, it was time for a change. After a lot of thought, today I walked out the gates for the last time as a GM employee. I took my time served and retired from GM.

So for the next 10 hours or so, I am unemployed. Yes, I still own Diversified Creations, and will for the forceable future. But since I don't take a pay check, I guess I only do volunteer work there.

I am not ready to really retire. Sitting around is not for me. I am a workaholic, and will probably be until I pass on from this world. With that in mind, tomorrow I start a new career with Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. I am excited about the new challenge, and the chance to be part of a great company like Lingenfelter.

Re: Retired

Change is good.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

GMs loss and Lingenfelters gain.

Comment

From GM to LPE. Hell of a change. Good luck to ya!
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Wow that's exciting news Mike. Change is indeed good and you'll still have your hands in what you love. I still hope to one day make it into the Auto Industry in one way or another. I'm sure your knowledge, experience, and work ethic will bring further growth and evolution to LPE! They will be envied for gaining you on their team.

Enjoy your 10 hours of unemployment!!!
          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Good for you! I wish I could make a change.... hopefully someday. Wishing you the best!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Mike, sorry to hear that your fortunes have turned so bad as to land you at Lingenfelter. :D

CONGRATS, man. I'm guessing you'll be heading to work tomorrow with a bounce in your step.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Closing of one chapter and the openning of another. I have to agree with Brian. :D
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  Mike, sorry to hear that your fortunes have turned so bad as to land you at Lingenfelter. :D

CONGRATS, man. I'm guessing you'll be heading to work tomorrow with a bounce in your step.

Brian
                  INDEED! Congrats! Here's to continued success at Diversified and Lingenfelter!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

GM's loss. Congratulation Mike!
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Congratulations and good luck Mike -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 ZR2
                        For almost 26 years, 5 , 6, or 7 days a week I have walked through the gates at GM. I have worked in a number of different locations, but always with a GM badge hanging around my neck. For The last couple years I have not enjoyed working there like I had in the past. Maybe the bankruptcy changed things, maybe I changed, or maybe a little of both. Either way, it was time for a change. After a lot of thought, today I walked out the gates for the last time as a GM employee. I took my time served and retired from GM.

So for the next 10 hours or so, I am unemployed. Yes, I still own Diversified Creations, and will for the forceable future. But since I don't take a pay check, I guess I only do volunteer work there.

I am not ready to really retire. Sitting around is not for me. I am a workaholic, and will probably be until I pass on from this world. With that in mind, tomorrow I start a new career with Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. I am excited about the new challenge, and the chance to be part of a great company like Lingenfelter.
                        Sweet man!!!!!!, sounds like a dream job, the best of luck to you....

Comment

As a Milford native and former Chevy/GMPG employee I feel for you. I left Chevy under unhappy circumstances but after I landed at EPA I was super happy I made the change. But I STILL can't exactly wrap my head around the idea that GM can't do anything in the world it wants to do. GM decides to launch it's own space program - no prob. But those days are past and it must be weird to be there in these leaner times.

So, best of luck to you. I've FULLY enjoyed my retirement and heartily recommend it to everyone. Still, a gig at Ligenfelter can't be too hard to take, either. They're lucky to get you. We HAVE to meet the next time I'm in Michigan.

Dan

Comment

Sounds like you are doing what you want to do with your life. Few people can do that in this world. Good luck at LPE!

Comment

Is LPE still based in Decatur, IN?

In high school, a buddy of mine had some heads ported at "Lingenfelter's Garage" when it was nothing but a 2-bay little place. I grew up just a few miles north of his original location.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X