What would it take..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take..........

.....to "move" a '70 Caddilac 'Series-75'(Fleetwood Broughm 4-Door Sedan actually...)Sedan into the mid-11 second zone. The Car in question has had it's front Fenders removed along with both outter & inner Headlight Bezeles and the Bulbs & their inner Mounts removed. Front Bumper(3-piece factory...)& Grill are still attached(I have lots of replacement parts for these Cars along with a set of custom made one-off Glastech front Fenders for it....)and everything else it where it's supposed to be including the complete Interior,the Spare & Jack in the Trunk,ect,ect. Only the Fenders & the Headlights were sold off the Car. Car runs just fine,has had the Points Dizzy replaced with 'an H.E.I.,and the Q-Jet(800-CFM factory...)was rebuilt when I got the Car. Car was 'an Ex-California(Van-Nuys area...)Car which was brought back East in '97 by the Landlord. I got it from Him in '00 for $300 after a ca$h & Transmission trade. Consider this a......."Freiberger-I-Know-It's-Stupid-Retarted-It'll-NEVER-WORK-You Friggin-Moron/WHY-Do-You-Waste-Your-Money-And-Time-On-WORTHLESS-BULLSHIT-Like-THIS-Moment?!?!" ;D ;D. And I KNOW what everybody is going to say:-BIG Engine. But HOW big? Anyway...discuss. ~J/W.

Re: What would it take..........

Think Vette-Hack!!!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

No. Can't do THAT. It's a virgin California Car with only 65-K on it. It *was* garaged all it's life untill owner #1's health began to fail. Owner #2 bought it simply as a Parts supply for His own '70 Deville Ragtop,hence the missing Fenders and Headlights. Landlord actually bought it from Owners #3...GM Sports-Salvage,but the Car never even left owner #2's House,so,that's how it all happened. Jack had origionaly bought it for it's Perimeter Frame,but quickly changed His mind once the Car was in the Family Shop. I do have a set of Steel Fenders to put back on if I choose to do so. The ONLY mod I've made was to re-locate the Batter(Optima Red top...) into the Trunk using 'an old M.A.D. Battery Kit I had laying around. ~J/W.

Comment

How about a 540 with some spray.

You'll be there.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Get a 10 second push car

;D
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Fun way: Lots of spray, lots of compression, lots of cubes.
            Expensive way: Neon SRT4 engine with lots of work and cubic dollars.
            Cheap way. Sawzall + fiberglass.
            Suicidal way. JATO.
            Oddball way. Built Caddy 500 with lots of spray and compression.

None of which I want to try. Good luck.

Why not make it a cruiser instead?

Comment

Would *like to* use a Caddilac Engine. I've got LOADS of 472/500 Parts,including a 'Blackbird-529' Stroker Kit,one of those 'Boggie-Man' Intakes,lots of stuff. The only thing worring my is a Limited-slip-Axle...I don't think I've ever seen one in the Flesh,...er,the Iron ;D. Besides,the Axle that's in this thing is for the 75/Fleetwood and up(Limo...)Cars. It's a MASSIVE thing with a drop-out centersection,and a Drain Hole in the center of the Housing 'face'. Yes,it boils that R. rear Tyre. ~J/W.

Comment

some people see 7.9:1 compression and see slug.... I see turbos... at least two.... heck, it's what spectre did with their LSR car.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

big squishy car...

lay on big torque squishy diesel style. ;D
                  I found a 74 chevelle took a 350 into full power low, body was crazy strong (my friend was absolutely certain it was a real 16 gauge- the last of that was in 50 something)

any squish at all the gas engine has a loss.

..and put it back together as all steel.. what do you have the ricer disease going on your caddy?

damn.
                  :

here check out this diesel impala beating those dainty lambos.

Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

All very interesting ;). Keep it up Fella's. But I LIKE my big,squishy Carz ;D. And Todd,I already have a few full-size cruisers. The '70 is virgin,right down to the origional date-coded Exhaust-System,including both the Muffler & the Reasonator :o. The "Great White Hope"(The 69 Fleetwood...)is in need of 'an Exhaust,so I may try 'an swap the 70's system over to the 69. But since the 70 has already been 'molested',I'll *probably* "screw around" with it some more over time. Although,looking at Her now,it looks quite tough without the Fenders and those Headlights..........looks like one of those cobbled together 'Mad-Max-Mobiles'. ~J/W.

Comment

If this car is so cherry, why are you trying to go 10s? Besides, I think you know better than to ask us how to make such a clean/cherry car go fast. You know a sawzall and lots of N2O will be used!
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Actually,I and the Forumn folks are just throwing some 'ideas' around. I've seen some very quick big body Caddies in my time...I just never seen anybody take a 60's/early 70's Cad,and try to go *fast* with it. I look at this Car 'an wonder what I *should* DO with it(someday...). Like I said,I've got more Parts for my Cars(and I mean ALL of 'em....)than I'll ever need. But,then again,I'm 47 now and I've gotten a little lazier over time,so who knows what will happen. But I would LIKE to do something with it,rather than have it just sit there. Plus I MAY go 'an buy my first new Car this year...a new 5.0/Stick Mustang. Maybe a BOSS or something. I gotta treat myself. ~J/W.

Comment

Start with a Cad 500 inch. If you want to use NOS, go after the '70 Eldo version, it's 450 hp stock 10.25 compression. With head work, single plane intake, and a big cam; you will be in the 650-700 hp range, then add NOS. I think those 70 commercial chassis Caddy's still had the 12 bolt. Go deep, like 4.56 gearing. Gutting the interior will drop the car a minimum of 500 lbs of weight.

If you want to go turbo or blower, go to the '75-76 era 500 engine. It has less than 8:1 compression. With an intercooler and water/methanol injection, you could pushing close to 20 lbs of boost through it.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I always wanted to tub a big honkin Caddy and have a roots blower sticking through the hood. 8)
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                            X