What would it take..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would it take..........

buy the low compression heads for the later 500's (or lower compression pistons) and turbo it. these things can actually take a lot of boost

Comment

I got bored(off today and possibly tommorow 'cause of the comming ICE storm :o...)today,so I went over to the Arsonal,jacked up the Cad,popped off the 'Skirts' and tried two different set of 15-inch Wheels,one set had 255-70R-15's while the other set was a set of 275-70R-15's,snapped the Skirts back on and took a slow drive around the complex. No rubbing,even in the turns. Nice. Amazing how much Wheelhouse space there is under there. And '88MC-SS',I've already have two sets of '74/'76 5OO 'Heads sitting on the Shelf,they would need a good cleaning/Machining. Thinking about what Scott(Rebel-Driver)said,I'll have to get a regular Axle from a standard non-75-series Cad. That's IF I even go ahead with this. ~J/W.

Comment

472 with 10.5 to 1 and a 200 shot..
        I went to school with a classmate with a 76 fleet and ran high 11's at n.e.d. that is somewhat close to sealevel
        the heads where stockers with a highschool grade port job. mid 4's gears

Comment

Little update. My Headlight inner mounts along with some othe pieces came in from D.V.A.P. today,Headlights mounted,Pigtails plugged into the Bulbs and the Car has working Headlights again! I also swapped the regular Wheels back on,put some air in the Tyres,and took it for a cruise around the Campus. Looks tough without the Fenders & Headlight Bezels :D ;)! I *MAY* have to go out and BUY(I said I would'nt but.....this Car need to get done...to a certian degree & the Guy's don't have any 69/70 Cad Fenders laying around..)a set of Fenders from Caddilac Ranch or All American Auto Parts. And thank's for all the tips reguarding the Engine/Tranny Bangshift Children... ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
          X