Fastest on a public road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest on a public road

Alright, not that carjunkietv endorses speeding or anything, but im curious as to the fastest anyone has driven on a public road.

The fastest ive been is about 110.... (my speedo only goes to 85)

Fastest ive ridden in the passenger's seat is 125 in an 06 stang

again.... not encouraging, just wondering

Re: Fastest on a public road

We're all guilty... not sure it's a good topic to promote though...

Seems Like we've had a similiar topic too... hmmm

Keith

Comment

About 120 mph. Late at night all alone. Not a very safe thing to do. But I've never been accused of being smart.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
        We're all guilty... not sure it's a good topic to promote though...

Seems Like we've had a similiar topic too... hmmm

Keith
        Check your PM

Comment

I had a driveshaft that was out of balance, it would only start to shake over about 5000 rpm in high gear. I took it to Advanced Driveline to get it balanced. After getting it back, but before I went back to the track, I went to a local "back road" that is straight for a few miles and opened it up. I took it up to about 6000 in high gear. 4.10 gears (at the time) with 29" tall tires... I'm guessing it was around 130. Scary on a narrow road, even though I was the only one on it, driving right down the middle. You never know when a critter or any one of dozens of dangerous (deadly) uknown things will venture into the road in front of you.

The vibration was gone though. ;D

speed calculator says 126.3mph.

Comment

My oldest freind in the world called the other night, he is into Bikes, he said his new bike goes 187 he always wanted to go 200 on one, but the difference in Speed between the 172 he went before, and now, he thinks he has went fast enough on the public roads.

To Doc and Andy, yes its Bob Motzel
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

150. i'm proud of that, but don't get to brag about it except on the internet... ;D

Comment

I-96 eastbound near Lansing, bounced off the rev limiter(13.5krpm) on a heavily modded FZR-1000,
                back about 1993, we think about 192, and I have witnesses, though the closest one(modded VFR1000)
                was back a ways.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                  I-96 eastbound near Lansing, bounced off the rev limiter(13.5krpm) on a heavily modded FZR-1000,
                  back about 1993, we think about 192, and I have witnesses, though the closest one(modded VFR1000)
                  was back a ways.
                  I know where that is! making a trip to lansing this weekend infact

Comment

165 mph on the 87N just north of Albany, NY. I did it at about 3 am with 3 lanes for error with no traffic. Very stupid, but very fun. ;D

I tried it again not too long after that and I got passed by a police interceptor camaro like I was standing still when I was going 145. That was not very fun.

He didn't bother pulling me over. He had established dominance.
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

About 130-140 mph on West Dodge Rd in Omaha between 90th and 108th. It's a 6 lane city street and I was racing a 72 Pantera GTS with a blown 351C. I lost badly.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

160 in a Pantera a buddy of mines dad owned...he was afraid to get it out and stretch its legs...I was stupid enough too...138 in my 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi...4 AM on I74 between Shelbyville and Indianapolis...red Corvette passed me when I was running around 85 so I put her on the board and held on...Corvette kept disappearing

Comment

Over 200 km/hr with my '67 Newport.
                          The car had 3.91 gears, 235/60/15 tires, and my engine tach said 6500rpm the entire way... ;)

It tossed the waterpump fanbelt right after I got off the throttle and coasted to an offramp though. Noticed the temps rise quickly so I shut it down just in time.
                          Popped the hood, and by a shear miracle I found the fanbelt tossed neatly and intact around the openair filter and carb ;D
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
                            Originally posted by min301
                            was back a ways.
                            I know where that is! making a trip to lansing this weekend infact
                            Let me know when, maybe we can meet.
                            If its during the day, swing by my shop at the auction, you can see the HRF project motor.
                            PM me bro.

Comment

135 mph in my SRT 10 early on a Saturday morning on I-20 between Vicksburg,MS. and Monroe,La. Never had opened her up since I bought it. 135 was in 5th and I had one more gear to go, then the wiser older me took over and slowed back down to 75.

Comment

Working...
                              X