Born To Be Wild - Promised Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born To Be Wild - Promised Pics

Step aside, Marlon Brando - there's a new "Wild One" in town. I'm going to need to tune up my raping and pillaging skills. Anyone have an old motorcycle trophy I can attach to the handlebars?

I just got back from Moorhead City where I picked up this Craigslist score. It isn't perfect but it is pretty good. If I had better light I'd take more shots but this will have to do for now. It's a 2005 150cc TNG (which stands for "Twist 'N' go - no foolin'). It has the mighty one speed (or is that all speeds?) transmission. This is a product of the finest Chinese engineering and is surprisingly light for being made out of cast iron. The biggest feature - 258 miles as of when I picked it up. The price seemed reasonable but it will need just a bit of sweat equity. There's some chrome that's deteriorated and the turn tickers don't. A little elbow grease and it should be fine. It's as smooth as an old Harley and I know several people who have experienced that and lived to tell about it (actually, it's pretty good).

Primary function - with my crappy heart I can't exercise King as much as he needs but I CAN scooter him. I just did a lap of our circle (about 1/2 mile) with him at a brisk trot and he did just fine. There's a little pulling but not bad for a completely new experience. The scoot is quiet enough that he's not at all freaked by it and I maintained about 10 mph w/o much difficulty. Not sure if this will continue but so far so good. I'll have ME snap a shot of us at speed the next time we venture out (it's supposed to rain tomorrow).

I'm thinking this COULD double as a pit bike - IF I can keep ME off of it!

Dan

Re: Born To Be Wild

with only 258 miles on it, don't you feel kind of bad for not telling the previous owner they have to put gas in them ? That was probably the first tank. Hah.

Reminds me of th aggie that got a job cutting down trees. At the end of the day they did a tally and he had only cut 4 cords of wood. The foreman wanted to know if there was anything wrong with the saw, so he grabs it up, yanks the cord and it starts right up. The aggie jumps and yells "What's that noise!"

badump chink. That's a serious beast ya got there Dan. ;) I'd ride it. But - I'd have to go with a megasquirt and one of these things:

Comment

I alway's kinda figured Dan as a 'Mod' type...... ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

On second thougth Dan, don't do the turbo. I wouldn't want the cops to pull you over with an empty leash ala Family Vacation... it would be bad.

Comment

Dont forget your leathers, chaps would make a statement about you for sure. Much cooler than a Vespa like Toad rode in American Graffiti...

Comment

I DO have a small nitrous kit........

Dan

Comment

Re: Born To Be Wild - Promised Pics

More pics as promised. The rain isn't here and it's about 70 right now. Don't worry - it won't last.

Here's the scoot in the daylight and off the truck:

Kingsford and the Dad person from the front:

And side

ME took one at speed (10 MPH seems about right) but it was a vid and I have no clue how to post that. Besides, who cares?

The Mighty TNG is a lot of fun and easy to ride. ME's even considering learning and THAT'S a miracle. She wants to be able to scooter (now a verb) King when I'm in Florida with Mom.

Dan

Comment

Congrats Dan ;).When its hot and sunny,its rather refreshing taking small rides on these small bikes.

Comment

You are Bad to the Bone Dan!!... First thing I thought was Pit Bike!! Would be nice at Maxton, or other LSR events.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Interesting tidbit - it WILL NOT start on the stand (either center or side). Evidently a part of the safety system. The weird thing is that it'll crank but no va.

I have the Hayne's manual coming. There's actually a TNG (Twist And Go)-specific book on these little gems. Once the mezz is up I'll put some time into sorting the electrical. It's clear that the side covers have been off and I'll wager they missed hooking up a ground. I'll also replace the tailight assembly as the rt. turn lens and the brake/driving lite lens is cracked. Looks like it will be just as easy to switch the whole deal.

You gotta admit, THAT'S a handsome pooch. Thank Whomever, he takes after the Mom person.

Dan

Comment

Dan, ever seen the movie "wild hogs"? lol

Let's see if we can find the similarities:

Scooter - Harley
                      Polyesters - Leathers
                      Poodle - Pit Bull

oh yeah, you are bad to the bone. ;D
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Pit Poodle, Dude! He's tough as - pillows?

Dan

Comment

Dan's going to take it to Arlen Ness to get 'er 'Chopped-N-Dropped' next ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

He gave up this for that.....

Comment

I don't know... maybe it just clashed with the puppy....????

Comment

Working...
                              X