Born To Be Wild - Promised Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Born To Be Wild - Promised Pics

Poodles were guard dogs, so even if they dont look mean like a Rottie or a Pit, you dont want to anger one of the larger ones. I'll stick with my Huskies, German Shepherds, and Labs..

That scoot is rockin it. You need leathers, you dont want any 10mph road rash thats for sure.

Comment

Keith, Tonya BEGGED me to sell you that so she could run YOU around the block!

Really, it was too heavy for me to throw around and a bit too far off the ground for these stubby little legs. It just didn't FIT. And seriously, I'm SO HAPPY that you've had a blast with it.

Dan

Comment

More on "scootering" the Pup. I headed out with Kingsford this afternoon and he wanted to RUN. So OK says I - and turned up the wick. He fell into a nice rhythm and I checked the speedo - 20 mph! Granted the speedo may be a bit off but he was boppin' right along. Part of the original breed stock for Poodles was Greyhound and I guess it shows but I would have thunk that tendency would have been long ago diluted. He had a big ol' grin on his face for about 1/16 of a mile or so. As soon as he looked a bit winded I slowed down - I don't want to hurt him in any way, just get his energy out. I expect that as we do this more and more he'll get tough as nails.

He sure is lazier around the house
        Dan

Comment

Sweet purchase Dan.

Paint it to match the Camaro, remove the muffler, and call it the "Buzz Bomb 2point0"
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Anyone have some short, wide leathers? Heck, I'll take it down! I'm guessing 55 on a fast day. But there IS a big bore kit, better cam, bigger carb, etc, etc. Probably not for this one.

Dan

Comment

I found it for you - I didn't have the courage to google you a "big bore" kit

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hey Dan, somebody in the room just commented that the dog is as big as the scooter, why not just ride the dog for excercise?

Comment

I have already found the big bore kits, etc. Those leathers actually might work on me - I hadn't thought about lederhosen. That's thinking outside the box, which one has to do when one has virtually no legs.

As far as riding King - I thought of that but:
                  A) Where do you get a dog saddle?
                  B) With my mass they'd run me in for animal cruelty.

So it's scootering.

Besides, I don't think the ECTA would approve of Kingsford as a "Pit Bike". Folks fear Pits, you know.

Dan

Comment

that thing looks like fun to ride!!! the scooter Dan, not the poodle :D
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

the poodle is riding dan? or the scooter's name is dan? ;D

Comment

King's too heavy to ride me, so that's out. The scooter doesn't have a name yet. Just got another piece of happy news - I've been calling around looking for a tail light assy. and one dealer says TNG is no longer with us. This is not happy news but the big pieces are all standard Chinese parts (engine, transmission, drive belt, etc) so I should be able to keep it moving under it's own power. And the dealer in question may just be wrong.

Dan

Comment

Chaps jokes aside, at least it's not a BMW

not that there would be anything wrong with that!

:P
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

BMW and a poodle?

Comment

I'm man enough to deal with the smart-@$$ poodle jokes (BTW, they're REALLY cool dogs and were bread to be water retrievers - ours show no interest in bringing birds back but they both have INTEREST in birds). But a BMW - even my manliness can't stand up to that! (Awaiting a Keith comment at this point).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                                I'm man enough to deal with the smart-@$$ poodle jokes (BTW, they're REALLY cool dogs and were bread to be water retrievers - ours show no interest in bringing birds back but they both have INTEREST in birds). But a BMW - even my manliness can't stand up to that! (Awaiting a Keith comment at this point).

Dan
                                not picking on the poodle at all!!!!! I got one but its only 6 pounds, id put up a pic but the wife lost my camara :'(
                                btw its the camara that had all my last race cars video on it!!!
                                COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                                X