X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Re: Born To Be Wild - Promised Pics

Cobey, that means King would make 10 of yours! He's not quite 2 (March 7th.) but we don't expect him to get any taller, just to fill in a bit. With the 2-wheeled exercise machine I figure he'll toughen right up.

Bummer about the camera - it'll turn up
    Dan

Leave a comment:

• oldsman71
    replied

Originally posted by DanStokes
    I'm man enough to deal with the smart-@$$ poodle jokes (BTW, they're REALLY cool dogs and were bread to be water retrievers - ours show no interest in bringing birds back but they both have INTEREST in birds). But a BMW - even my manliness can't stand up to that! (Awaiting a Keith comment at this point).

Dan
    not picking on the poodle at all!!!!! I got one but its only 6 pounds, id put up a pic but the wife lost my camara :'(
    btw its the camara that had all my last race cars video on it!!!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

I'm man enough to deal with the smart-@$$ poodle jokes (BTW, they're REALLY cool dogs and were bread to be water retrievers - ours show no interest in bringing birds back but they both have INTEREST in birds). But a BMW - even my manliness can't stand up to that! (Awaiting a Keith comment at this point).

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

BMW and a poodle?

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied

Chaps jokes aside, at least it's not a BMW

not that there would be anything wrong with that!

:P

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

King's too heavy to ride me, so that's out. The scooter doesn't have a name yet. Just got another piece of happy news - I've been calling around looking for a tail light assy. and one dealer says TNG is no longer with us. This is not happy news but the big pieces are all standard Chinese parts (engine, transmission, drive belt, etc) so I should be able to keep it moving under it's own power. And the dealer in question may just be wrong.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

the poodle is riding dan? or the scooter's name is dan? ;D

Leave a comment:

• oldsman71
    replied

that thing looks like fun to ride!!! the scooter Dan, not the poodle :D

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

I have already found the big bore kits, etc. Those leathers actually might work on me - I hadn't thought about lederhosen. That's thinking outside the box, which one has to do when one has virtually no legs.

As far as riding King - I thought of that but:
    A) Where do you get a dog saddle?
    B) With my mass they'd run me in for animal cruelty.

So it's scootering.

Besides, I don't think the ECTA would approve of Kingsford as a "Pit Bike". Folks fear Pits, you know.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Tom Slick
    replied

Hey Dan, somebody in the room just commented that the dog is as big as the scooter, why not just ride the dog for excercise?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

I found it for you - I didn't have the courage to google you a "big bore" kit

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Anyone have some short, wide leathers? Heck, I'll take it down! I'm guessing 55 on a fast day. But there IS a big bore kit, better cam, bigger carb, etc, etc. Probably not for this one.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• mustang13
    replied

Sweet purchase Dan.

Paint it to match the Camaro, remove the muffler, and call it the "Buzz Bomb 2point0"

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

More on "scootering" the Pup. I headed out with Kingsford this afternoon and he wanted to RUN. So OK says I - and turned up the wick. He fell into a nice rhythm and I checked the speedo - 20 mph! Granted the speedo may be a bit off but he was boppin' right along. Part of the original breed stock for Poodles was Greyhound and I guess it shows but I would have thunk that tendency would have been long ago diluted. He had a big ol' grin on his face for about 1/16 of a mile or so. As soon as he looked a bit winded I slowed down - I don't want to hurt him in any way, just get his energy out. I expect that as we do this more and more he'll get tough as nails.

He sure is lazier around the house
    Dan

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Keith, Tonya BEGGED me to sell you that so she could run YOU around the block!

Really, it was too heavy for me to throw around and a bit too far off the ground for these stubby little legs. It just didn't FIT. And seriously, I'm SO HAPPY that you've had a blast with it.

Dan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X