Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwestern BS'ers -- how you guys doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwestern BS'ers -- how you guys doing?

Looks like Chicago got whacked pretty good. Heard part of the roof at Wrigley got ripped off.

You all ok?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Midwestern BS'ers -- how you guys doing?

Ice, sleet, snow
    Now sub zero temps tonite

I 70 shut down between St. Louis and Kansas City

It's just damn peachy here right now

:D
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I may sound a bit smug as I tease you guys about our weather, but seriously, I hope all are OK. Having lived thru too much of that for more years than I care to count I know what it's like.

Dan

Comment

Its not near as bad as they made it sound like it was going to be here, I can still see spots of grass in the yard, but I think that is because the 40mph winds blew it into the next county!

Comment

Originally posted by truckpuller
          Its not near as bad as they made it sound like it was going to be here, I can still see spots of grass in the yard, but I think that is because the 40mph winds blew it into the next county!
          X2

maybe 4-6 inches of snow? it's the damn half inch of glare ice underneath that's screwing things up though. our "gravel" road, usually great traction, you can't even stand straight up on it - it's so slippery.

It's odd, east of here they got a lot more than we did. But, it's VERY cold and windy this morning. Whole neighborhood stayed home. I need a cab on my tractor - and maybe heat!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I think I'm gonna run out of milk!
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

We officially received 9.1" of snow here in Topeka. The winds blowing 20-35 mph spread it all over the place. A lot of it settled in front of my garage door. This is what I woke up to @ 5:30 this morning:

You can a bare spot next to the fence on the left. This is where the wind has done me a favor and removed the snow. Unfortunately, the wind did not do me a favor on the other side of the drive. The drift on the right is about 18" deep. I had to shovel a bit to get to work this morning. My driveway is about 120' long....

Here's the screamin' Neon (the tag on the front reads AMMFPB. Ask me later & I'll enlighten you to its reference) after I dug out about 30' of driveway. Any more of this white stuff and my van will disappear!

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Starting to snow here again. ice over night, almost busted my a$$ taking the garbage to the road this morning.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

We ended up with 13 inches over night, 15" inches overall. I woke up to 3 foot drifts in the driveway and my neighbor stuck in his driveway, he fell off the drive while plowing. I got dressed went over and pulled him out and plowed my driveway while I was out. Most of the in town roads are fair but most of the out of town roads are closed, some with drifts up to 12 feet high. Now it's time for breakfast and then off to plow my parents.

Comment

The ice is still the concern, warm upper level temps drop rain that freezes on contact with power lines and tree limbs. Here in Indy we had rain, sleet, snow, ice, 30 MPH winds. Stay in if you can and if you go out, be careful.

btw they claim a 1/2 inch of ice on a power cable can add 500-600 pounds between spans!

Comment

Not sure how much we got, but the drifts in my driveway were from 3 to 4 feet high. Got up at 6:30 to start clearing the drive and made it to work at 9:30, 4 wheel Drive is my friend. ;D

Comment

We probably ended up with 4" of sleet and then 4" to 6" of snow on top of that, 55 mph winds last night meant Blizzard conditions of course and they even pulled the plow trucks off the roads overnight, we're headed for sub-zero temperatures tonight but as long as our Power stays on we can deal with the rest of it, I did go out to the garage yesterday and fire the gen. set just in case! I also drove my 4WD Tracker to Menards last night in the Blizzard, just to see if I could make it I guess, it's a guy thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                          We officially received 9.1" of snow here in Topeka. The winds blowing 20-35 mph spread it all over the place. A lot of it settled in front of my garage door. This is what I woke up to @ 5:30 this morning:

Ron
                          Hey Ron - I just received my HPT Newsletter, they open Saturday April 2nd, what kind of snow removal equipment to they have at the track?

Comment

up till about 2:30 AM waiting and listening outside at all the crashing of trees and limbs coming down with one inch of ice on them....80,000 people without electricity.then the winds came.got a heck of a mess here....but i do have power

Comment

Got about 13 inchs of snow 4ft drift in the driveway spent about 3 hours cleaning,
                              need gas jump in the Tahoe had to make my own path and yes its a guy thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X