A Proposal ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Proposal ...

I had a thought.... and then I got a headache!

With Drag Week being more southwesterly located this year, and us never having a Southwest BS Fest, maybe we can combine the two. Maybe the Sunday before it officially starts (test n tune) in Topeka, or maybe the day after it ends in Topeka?

I know there is a lot going on with DW, but maybe a bunch of us could meet up at a restaurant or something? Meet n greet type of thing and a few cold ones at the track?

(no Don, not interested in hot dogs!!!!)

If no one is interested, no big deal. I'm sure there will be a lot of BSers showing up anyhow so ......
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Re: A Proposal ...

What's the date?
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Dan that would be great, there were quite a few BS'ers I missed last year. It would probably best to do it right after the TNT/sign in as I know I will be beating feet home after the finals, or early the next morning.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I'm down for it. Name the time & place.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I plan on being there. I suggest Ron pick a good BBQ place.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            I plan on being there. I suggest Ron pick a good BBQ place.
            We only have two GOOD barbeque places in Topeka:

Boss Hawg's

Pat's Pig

Myself? I like Boss Hawgs better, but Pat's Pig is MUCH closer to Heartland Park.

Boss Hawg's also has a fully stocked bar.....

;D

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I hope you buy them a few drinks before you propose ;D
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ron,Lon who had the BBQ at Topeka Harley has opened his new restaurant out by Lake Shawnee.Dates are Sept 11-16 Test and tune the11th.DW starts on the 12th and return to Topeka the 16th
                For those arriving for DW on the 10th the local cruise will be at Fairlawn Mall(21st&Fairlawn)

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                  I hope you buy them a few drinks before you propose ;D

ahhahahahahahahah

two snaps and a circle.hah

Comment

So lets work out the logistics. My thought is to have the get together the day of the TnT, during the TnT.... all the BSers could pit together or something....idk. Everyone will be at the track, and we can caravan to the BBQ joint.

Ron, Don, how about some locations? Hell, the mexican place you guys took me to last time was pretty good ....

Comment

Los Fuentes is where we went.The BBQ places Ron mentioned are good.Theres Topeka Steak House and Plantation Steak house which are great but out in the county.Wnamaker Rd which has shopping and lodging has the usual staple restaurants.OutBack,Texas Roadhouse,Chilis,Red Lobster etc.

Comment

Maybe we should go some where that'll let us reserve a section of the place (depending on how many are actually in on this) so we are sure to have room.

Personally, I'd rather go somewhere that is unique to Topeka ....

Comment

why not, um, tailgate.. fire up a BBQ and a packie run

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
                            why not, um, tailgate.. fire up a BBQ and a packie run
                            I'm all for that too .... as you know, I'm adding a grill to the DW trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                              Maybe we should go some where that'll let us reserve a section of the place (depending on how many are actually in on this) so we are sure to have room.

Personally, I'd rather go somewhere that is unique to Topeka ....
                              (quietly laughing in the background) If you want a unique experience...
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X