Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day the music died...

Feb 3rd 1959.........

this is Buddy Holly,not a cover.Lyrics:The little things you say and do Make me want to be with you rave on - it's a crazy feeling and I know it's got me ree...

Re: The day the music died...

I used to haul flour to a bakery in Clear lake,the room where the silo's were located was the hall where he played last, and the silos were sitting on the stage He last played on. It was just sad when I had to go in there and hook the hoses up. Your mind sure runs wild.

Comment

My buddy Tom,is the spittin' image of 'ole Buddy Holly,same build,height,even wears the same Glasses. People alway's call 'em Buddy-Holly everwhere He goes. 'ole Tome even has His own pair of 'Rock-A-Billy-Rides': '31 Ford Truck done up in 40's Hot-Rod Style and a Baby-Blue '52 Chevy Buisness Coupe A.K.A. "The Bubble." He's also got a Black '65 Galaxie Hardtop and a 7.80 '68 Chevelle 300 Sedan Racecar which He built Himself. ~J/W.

Comment

I can remember playing pin ball machines
        with this music playing on the juke box
        in the back ground

good stuff
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Before my time. But I still have ole buddy on my mp3 player. My wife and I danced to true love ways at our wedding.

Every year they have the winterdance party and we have people from all over staying at the hotel. The town turns into a zoo. I will try to run out and get pictures of all the die hard buddy fans walk out to the crash site.

We are talking 3-4 foot drifts out in the middle of a corn field in iowa winter. Its really neat that after 52 years people still come for buddy.
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

The Big Bopper's real name? For some reason my mind has held on to that piece of trivia for all these years. I'll give you guys a few posts before I put it up - no fair Googling it!

Dan

Comment

I often wonder what kind of music all the greats we lost too young would have come up with had they stayed here a while longer.

RIP Buddy.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                I often wonder what kind of music all the greats we lost too young would have come up with had they stayed here a while longer.

RIP Buddy.
                I imagine there would have been some greatness - I usually say that about SRV. Then again, you could end up with the Metallica St. Elmos Fire or whatever it was that happened to their music.

Dangit Dan. Thanks. Was it Duane something? Thanks a lot for that. (beating head on desk)... I'm going to cheat and look it up, but I won't say. /edit - looked it up... wasn't even close. No cigar here.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                  The Big Bopper's real name? For some reason my mind has held on to that piece of trivia for all these years. I'll give you guys a few posts before I put it up - no fair Googling it!

Dan
                  Only reason I remember it was because
                  it was such a long name....and his middle
                  name was the name of the county we lived in
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Nobody got it yet?

OK - J.P. Richardson. I have no idea what the "J.P." stood for but it was broadcast at the time as JP and that's what I remember. I was 12 at the time so my memory factory was up and running. I remember hearing Chantilly Lace, True Love Ways, and Donna at the Jr. High dances as I was just starting to figure out what these "girl" things were about.

Dan

Comment

Then what am I listening to?
                      Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

they all would have been an elvis. :
                        times changed fast, like the music.

I found the blunt nasty tunes that emerged, calming down into the genius of what the music was for a melody is as evolutioned as it gets.

not one of the oldies hung on, excpet in a jingle or tv commercial. The music that followed that generation got too complex for that most of the time.

ie:
                        led zeppelin for a corn flakes commercial aint gonna happen.

I found an orchestra did metallica, that was something.

Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Buddy Holly was quickly moving into the realm of music producer. He probably would've been as influencial in the '60's as that weirdo Phil Spector. His record company pushed him on this winter tour. Buddy relented even though his wife was pregnant. Tours sold records back then.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

sad day in music history
                            Buddy might have been bigger than Elvis
                            as memory serves Big Bopper was a D J & wrote a bunch of hits for other stars
                            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2012 Northeast Rod Run
                            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the plane to the Big Bopper -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X