The day the music died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The day the music died...

Being young, and not caring about 90% of modern music, it's days like this I feel I've missed out on so much
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Don't feel too bad Eagle - I'm 40 and I feel the same way. I often say I was born in the wrong era.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Its amazing, the fans flock to Clear Lake from all over the world. I just got done talking to a nice couple from England that has been coming for the last 8 years. I also gave a guest from Rhode Island a jump so he could go attend tonights activities. (He was cursing the rental Toyota) ;D

Ritchie Valens' sister made a suprise appereance on Thursday.

I have some pictures I took but my dog thought that my laptop charger was mighty tasty so I have No way of uploading them right now. But I will as soon as I figure something out.

I have a question that I have never been able to quite figure out though. It seems to me that this Winter Dance Party is aimed more towards Buddy than Big Bopper or Ritchie Valens.
        Now beings I am young and ______(fill in the blank) I might not know the answer to this, but could this be because buddy was more popular back in that time? Or destined to be Huge?
        I wonder this because in our lobby there are drawings of Buddy Holly and no one else. Just Curious I guess.

Our local newspaper is www.globegazette.com
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

I was about 9 when this took place.

My dad operated a small bar & grill not far from
          a chicken processing plant.

I remember the workers coming in for lunch
          and playing Holly's records on the juke box
          repeatedly

Valens & Big Bopper were relatively new compared to Holly who
          had been out for several years
          I think Chantilly Lace was a one hit wonder
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Sorry I keep bringing this forward but I finally got the pictures I took uploaded.

Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

The guys hit it. Buddy Holly was a well established star, Ritchie Valens was on his way up, and the Big Bopper had a hit but was still an unknown quantity (one hit wonder or??). I remember on the news that they talked of all three but Buddy Holly was clearly the Big Cheese.

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X