Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Alaskan timber heavyduty equipment..left to rust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Alaskan timber heavyduty equipment..left to rust.

Too expensive freight,and too little value..means it was left to rust.Theres some real cool trucks there.

Re: Old Alaskan timber heavyduty equipment..left to rust.

Pretty neat. I wonder what it would take to get some of those running, not perfect, but good enough to beat on. If I lived there, I'd sure try. Don't think the owners would care too much.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07
      Pretty neat. I wonder what it would take to get some of those running, not perfect, but good enough to beat on. If I lived there, I'd sure try. Don't think the owners would care too much.
      You could start here ;).There is a small population of bears to get used to also..

Comment

It would have been cool to attend a swapmeet in cali with this one.. ;D.

Comment

I just heard today that scrap prices are up ;D

BANGshift member KenworthJon is going to have a throbbing boner when he sees those heavy duty KW's, just sitting there rusting. He needs another project truck ;)

I call for a BS members fieldtrip, we'll see how many we could get fired up, and any weapons experts here, will be put on Bear patrol lol.

My pic for saving would be the two (I'm sure there's more of them there) B-81 Macks, they were a rugged piece of iron in their day.

I've never seen cages on excavators, to protect the sheet metal, like the ones on those Liebherr's?

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
            Originally posted by moparmaniac07
            You could start here ;).There is a small population of bears to get used to also..
            Bears shouldn't be a problem, I learned how to get rid of them on 'Goldrush: Alaska' on History. Apparently if you kill one of the 300 bears walking around your camp, you don't have to worry about the other 299.

Comment

Now I think I know how women feel at the animal shelter.

I want to adopt that equipment and take it home.

Comment

Originally posted by daved931

X2..there where some places like this around here too,but when the scrap prices where high some years ago....well..

Comment

Boy!, that is a good reference of how different, yet how the same men and women are.

I wonder if The Discovery Channel would do a TV series on a bunch of web site houlagins saving vintage iron from the jaws of father time and mother nature?
                  Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13

Boy!, that is a good reference of how different, yet how the same men and women are.

I wonder if The Discovery Channel would do a TV series on a bunch of web site houlagins saving vintage iron from the jaws of father time and mother nature?
                    Good idea Jeremy!!.We need a abandoned state..!!!.Alaska maybe..??..lots of place there ;D

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13

I'd watch

Comment

Sweet mother of pearl.........that
                        is some awesome shit

I can't imagine they couldn't find some
                        economical way of getting that iron out of
                        there......given the run up of scrap prices

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I can't go to the animal shelter. I change the channel when they do the aspca thing. Metal mutt, furry mutt, same thing to me. Give a beaten animal a decent home and watch them learn it's okay to love again, it's as good as seeing an old machine work again... better when it gets right down to it.

I need more room and more money for feed and care of mutt's...

Comment

And metal mutts! I could spend all my imaginary Lotto winnings on both of those.

That's some cool old iron - but there isn't enough $$ on the planet to drag me to Alaska - I don't DO cold (if I can help it).

Dan

Comment

I remember that thread.

I still wonder about the kw loggers.

if those are 3408s...and talks of scrapping, someone could walk away with a decent chunk just keeping the engines..
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X