We have water again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have water again

Water quit running a bit after midnight Thursday morning. We're on a well share, the neighbor who runs it is a (now) retired plumber. He said our 1000 gallon storage tank was frozen...water was coming out of the well, but not out of the tank. The temp Thursday morning when I got up was a record low three degrees. Later yesterday it got up to about 20, but back down to around ten this morning. Today it warmed up to 45, and the water finally started flowing about 5 this afternoon.

I'm moving to Ohio where it's warm.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Re: We have water again

Wow 3 degrees! In sunny AZ.

I spent a winter there and recall seeing a snow line just above where the army base was... perhaps around 5000'?

Are you up in the hills or down around town?

.... and I have a couple friends here in central FL whose well / pipes froze a month or so ago. Crazy times!

Comment

We finally warmed up here...those last couple of days were a frozen biotch...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

snopocalypse in Oklahoma right now.... :o

Comment

The first snow storm we had this year we lost water too. Not because it was frozen, but because it takes electricity to run the pumps and the electricity went out so did our water. I was worried we might have some freeze related problems with our pumps because we keep them warm with small space heaters. Luckily that part of my worries did not occur. There are advantages to having well water as opposed to "city" water, but there are down sides as well.

Glad your tank thawed out without having any broken pipes, etc.

Comment

No electricity sucks

No water really sucks
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

glad you got it back on!!! this cold really sucks!!!!
              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

lots of folks lost power, gas and water in tucson too...crazy...everyone was running to buy cold weather gear...I asked them for what...1 day 2 tops...some folks just like to waste money I guess
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

wait'n on gore to say it's all global warming..

Comment

Working...
                  X