X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Meets......be on the lookout

or yard sales too

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Re: Swap Meets......be on the lookout

very cool, I impulsivley buy things but then find out they are not worth the plastic bag I bring them home in.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I've found some pretty cool stuff at Yard sales,everything from a set of like new '71 Plymouth 'Dog-Dish' Hubcaps to a HANDFUL of genuine Dick-Harrel Badges. I once went to a Yard Sale that was put on by a former Reedman Line Mechanic,who had a Plastic Box full of unused Reedman Badges,some AC V8 & Six-Cylinder Fuel Pumps,some old Colour Brochures,N.O.S. Timken Wheel Bearings,and some Hand Tools(Socket Set...). I've picked up LOTS of 'Car-Stuff' at otherwise 'Non-Car' Flea Markets/Yard Sales over the years. I've gotten some Toy Trains & the odd Model Car as well. Lots of spare Wheels(most old Folk at one time,used to keep extra Wheels/Tyres in the front of their Garage Walls...to act as a cushion in case 'ole Ma let the Nova rip into the Garage :o ;D!...)for my Nova's/Dart's....14-inch Wheels aren't highly sought after,but I collected them...for extras. You name it,I've found it,and I probably STILL have it. Somewhere. ~J/W.

Comment

Lucky guy. The closest I've come was when I purchased a Sewermatic electric snake made by General in near new shape for a $125 at a garage sale and sold it a couple years later for $700 on Graig's list. The guy came right away and no haggling on the $700. Probably could have gotten more but I made some money anyway.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          very cool, I impulsivley buy things but then find out they are not worth the plastic bag I bring them home in.
          X2! My wife and I have bought stuff at thrift stores, had it a few years, then take it back and say "Okay, we're done with it" ;D
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I don't get lucky either.

A guy I rented from, was no longer allowed to drive, at 89 years old, he was still upset.

he started having tiny yard sales, a few items at a time..
            wanting to get into sheet maetal, I bought his little jig saw that said "rockwell international" on it for like 2 dollars. I looked it up, and at the time of this one they were making explosion proof items for aviation work.

I could sell it for 5 bucks, it was made in the 60s sometime. :

my luckiest inheritance was a ingersoll rand hand held air gun. I thought nothing of it until lookin it up revealed it was a one hand held style gun that ripped into 450 foot pounds. I have used it... with both hands, and it did not need that either. :D
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yeah.... I'll be sure and keep an eye out for a 15th Century Ming Vase while I am pouring over some old Thermoquads and New Process A-833 stuff.

Ron

;)
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                Yeah.... I'll be sure and keep an eye out for a 15th Century Ming Vase while I am pouring over some old Thermoquads and New Process A-833 stuff.

Ron

;)
                Hey.......ya just never know

;D
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Monk, why the hell aren't you watching the fuel cars with the rest of us on the streaming video?
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                    Monk, why the hell aren't you watching the fuel cars with the rest of us on the streaming video?
                    I'm there.......just lurching
                    Thom

Comment

I still go to swap meets and look for parts for my friend bill's 70 cuda convertible
                      and he has been dead for 15 + years

Comment

Working...
                      X