incandescent vs led light bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incandescent vs led light bulbs

What's the difference in reaction time? I think the led's are quicker to light up, but not sure how much, or even if they really are.
    Is it worth practicing with an incandescent pratice tree?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Re: incandescent vs led light bulbs

All I can tell you is that even if they used a candle, it wouldn't make a difference to me. ;D

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by PatricksDad
      All I can tell you is that even if they used a candle, it wouldn't make a difference to me. ;D

yeah, I hear ya....after I posted it I thought a little more and came to the conclusion the difference would be very small.
      Originally posted by TC

Comment

Incandescent lights need to heat up the filament before they make light, LEDs just need to get current flowing. So the LED will be quicker.

Speed probably depends on the particular bulb.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Muscle memory and posture probably matter as much as anything. If you're seated different, the practice might not help as much as you think.
          "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Well, I think we are starting to have some issues again. We switched cars last year, and the one we switched from had a lay down seating position, the one we have now is more up right. Our driver has had moments that has shown us the car reacts. He has one of those little pocket pratic trees, but I have one that two people can use along with the peddel.
            I was thinking of taking it to him so we can pratice on Friday nights, but am a little leary of screwing him up (wondering what I have to loose now though)
            I had success with it and it helped me....but I know reaction is more than just twitching when you see the light.
            Just looking for some tips right now and brain storming by myself.
            Thanks
            Originally posted by TC

Comment

doesn't matter..
              the time between the pro tree all yellows to green is the same no matter the bulb type..
              that 1000000th of a second difference.. will not matter..
              I'd think timing your actions off the yellow would mean more..
              I was always on a sportsman tree.. and I'd say a group of words starting on the first yeelow.. when done with say'n them it was time to go..
              guess you could do the same with a protree. just it be a word and a short one..
              I cut better lights this way than leaving on the last yellow, after the first one lit, I didn't look at the tree.
              said the words and mashed the gas

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                Well, I think we are starting to have some issues again. We switched cars last year, and the one we switched from had a lay down seating position, the one we have now is more up right. Our driver has had moments that has shown us the car reacts. He has one of those little pocket pratic trees, but I have one that two people can use along with the peddel.
                I was thinking of taking it to him so we can pratice on Friday nights, but am a little leary of screwing him up (wondering what I have to loose now though)
                I had success with it and it helped me....but I know reaction is more than just twitching when you see the light.
                Just looking for some tips right now and brain storming by myself.
                Thanks
                Maybe find a way to mount it in the car? pedal travel, suit, helmet all make a difference, I would guess.

Comment

Working...
                X