Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any BS'r near San Fernando Valley repair floor jacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any BS'r near San Fernando Valley repair floor jacks?

we send the hydraulics out , takes 6 months to get em back

Comment

i was just mentioning what i use and where i got it and how I havent had any issues with it, if you want to send your jack off to a jack repair man, fine, if you want to get your car back on the road with less down time, go buy another but if you cant take out the cylinder and rebuild it with a seal kit and top off the fluid should you be working on something that is used to lift it off the ground

btw my dog doesnt like peanut butter
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
        i was just mentioning what i use and where i got it and how I havent had any issues with it, if you want to send your jack off to a jack repair man, fine, if you want to get your car back on the road with less down time, go buy another but if you cant take out the cylinder and rebuild it with a seal kit and top off the fluid should you be working on something that is used to lift it off the ground

btw my dog doesnt like peanut butter
        You said "jack off" ;D

That's right Groucho, this has nothing to do with your original post either. Nanananana!! ;)
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
          Originally posted by groucho
          I can make MORE money in my shop doing what I do than I stand to save by fixing my own jack.
          Then get your ass off the computer, quit your damn whining, and either go find someone to fix your jack, fix it yourself, or whatever.
          Well, there ya have it. DG prefers I don't put the money in a fellow BS'rs pocket
          STUGOTS

Comment

;D Jack Off ;D

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?q=burba...ient=firefox-a
              I know you probably looked already ,and I guess no one wants your money. Try these

Comment

Fine, put money in THIS bs'r pocket! send jack and $300 to me in Iowa :-)
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Groucho, I'm guessing anyone who fixes hydraulic stuff will fix your jack.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                    Fine, put money in THIS bs'r pocket! send jack and $300 to me in Iowa :-)
                    Gimme your address. I'll send you something allright. :P
                    STUGOTS

Comment

I'm interested in this too - the original question - I have a good old 3 ton crafstman that I'd like to repair myself, I'm certain it's a seal leaking. I have the manual from 20+ years ago - but it's a simple user manual - nothing technical.

Scott - if you find or remember that link - please post it up, Thanks!

EDIT -

This looks like it could be helpful:
                      The primary focus of our WebSite is HYDRAULIC JACKS and related equipment - The different types, uses and capacities, along with their general history, manufacturers and tips on buying and care of.

For repairs and parts in the Los Angeles area you might try -

LAZZAR'S FLOOR JACK & HYDRAULIC CYLINDER REPAIR CENTER -
                      Ph # 323-630-3358

2000 E. Florence Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90001

[email protected] or click HERE

For seals & parts in the Midwest and Eastern USA try -

BLACKHAWKPARTS.COM, 910-C Creekside Road, Chattanooga TN 37406 USA, Phone (423)622-8282 Fax (423)629-0125
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by autoxcuda
                        I think this is him....

Otto Service:

The primary focus of our WebSite is HYDRAULIC JACKS and related equipment - The different types, uses and capacities, along with their general history, manufacturers and tips on buying and care of.
                        OK, just talked to this guy. No repair kits/seals available for my jack
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                          I'm interested in this too - the original question - I have a good old 3 ton crafstman that I'd like to repair myself, I'm certain it's a seal leaking. I have the manual from 20+ years ago - but it's a simple user manual - nothing technical.

Scott - if you find or remember that link - please post it up, Thanks!

EDIT -

This looks like it could be helpful:

For repairs and parts in the Los Angeles area you might try -

LAZZAR'S FLOOR JACK & HYDRAULIC CYLINDER REPAIR CENTER -
                          Ph # 323-630-3358

2000 E. Florence Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90001

[email protected] or click HERE

For seals & parts in the Midwest and Eastern USA try -

BLACKHAWKPARTS.COM, 910-C Creekside Road, Chattanooga TN 37406 USA, Phone (423)622-8282 Fax (423)629-0125
                          walk into any sears with the model#
                          or unbolt hyd cyl and go to your nearest hyd repair.. and buy the seals.. any bigrig or heavy equipment sales/service can get the parts. as I'm sure sears didn't make the cyl.

Comment

I think ole Groucho here was looking for a jack jockey to fix it for him and was trying to find a BS'er to pass the coin too.

He's far too rich and powerful, err, busy making more money in return for equivalent time spent repaing the jack to perform the work himself, and would prefer to keep the money in the family so to speak.

While I enjoy an opportunity to junk up Groucho's thread with a worthless reply, I would also like to thank everyone who has provided links for those of us too broke and pleby, errr, with more time than money so that we can fix our own, even if it had nothing to do with the actual question.

At least this one didn't include Van's. (the shoes... remember the shoes in the Fernando donkey dork sized cam thread? )

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                            X