Weirdness on one wheel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdness on one wheel...

My son and I were chatting with each other online about his latest hobby: UNICYCLING.

For those of you who don't know my son, he has a history of getting hurt.... badly. I'm sure you have all heard the term, "accident waiting to happen." Jon goes a step further... he doesn't wait, it just happens. I cannot count the number of times this kid has been to the emergency room, but I do know for a fact he visited the ER three times in one week for three separate incidents. See what I mean about not waiting?

This is Jon jumping his monobike off of a bench on campus at college.... nuts, I say!

Anyway, I'm not so sure I am 100% on board with his new hobby, but I think its cool that even after all the stuff he has done that has prompted X-rays and stitches, that he still shows no fear. So I asked him, "Have you ever seen a tandem unicycle?. That would be cool as hell and a great way to fund a hospital."

Lo and behold, some whacked individual has come up with this crazified contraption. Although I wouldn't ride it, watching others tackle this monster would surely be entertaining.

How many of you would give this thing a whirl?

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Re: Weirdness on one wheel...

Why not? It's been about 4 years or so since I've broken any bones, I'm due.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
      Ok, Tedly, you are obviously a glutton for punishment, but who ya gonna put on the OTHER seat?

I'm thinking Chad would be a good fit....

;D

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Chad & Brian....on THAT THING :o :o! Can you say.........."Greeeeeeeeeeeease" ;D?! Sorry,Kiddies :D! ~J/W.

Comment

I dont think anyone who would balance the other side with me would be in shape enough to ride it... also that much mass hitting the ground might cause stress fractures in the mantle with a high possibility of a volcano or other nasty seismic event.

Comment

Unicycleing is pretty big up here. There is one kid that still rides his uni from his off campus house to school every day, even in through the 1-2" of snow/slush mix that basically resides one all roads and sidewalks. It's got a big knobby tire (big as in 25-30"), and it's a sight to see him rolling down the street on one wheel taking any terrain with gusto.

Comment

I'll pass.

What's the purpose of the sprocket that doesn't seem to be attached to anything, just hanging in the chain?
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                Originally posted by tedly
                Ok, Tedly, you are obviously a glutton for punishment, but who ya gonna put on the OTHER seat?

I'm thinking Chad would be a good fit....

;D

Ron
                I'm kinda in the same boat as Todd. Since it operates like a balance scale, the other person better be in the 200-225lb range or there will be some serious problems before we even get moving. :D
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

The tandem just seems like a bad idea to me. And I'm not usually pessimistic. But if a couple of you want to try it I'll come watch. Anyone know the phone number for 911?

Dan

Comment

Nope, I always manage to get myself to the hospital without the meatwagon. :D
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Nope! If I'm going to ride a nut buster, I prefer it to be a woman.

That way I get something positive out of the deal ;D

Comment

there's a guy who rides the STP - Seattle to Portland (203 miles) on a tall unicycle... however, I doubt even he'd be interested in co-piloting that one....
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll
                          Nope! If I'm going to ride a nut buster, I prefer it to be a woman.

That way I get something positive out of the deal ;D

Like an STD test?

:

Ron

Comment

The floating sprocket is a chain tensioner. See them on robots too.

My kids all unicycle. I tried for a little while, I don't have the knack.

My oldest about 5 years ago:

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Turk doesn't have the knack either. This is about as far as he got on Steve's uni

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X