Hillco Fasteners Car Show 2/6/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillco Fasteners Car Show 2/6/11

Hillco Fasteners Warehouse is one of those places gearheads love to go with a big bucket and a pile of cash. Those who aren't builders, welders, fabricators, tinkerers, and the like look at such a place is just a place to get bolts. They don't get it. Hillco also has rod ends, AN fittings, braided hoses, quarter turn fasteners, electrical terminals, welding tabs, and automotive trim clips and fasteners. Oh my. A family business that been serving the community for decades has awarded them with loyal customers.

Every year they host a car show right on their parking lot, and all their neighbor's lots too. But, since it was a Sunday, no one complains. Over 150 cars showed up this year and this guy was there drooling on people's rides and asking stupid questions. I brought my camera too.

I got up early Sunday, headed over to my friend, Yannick's, house and followed him down to Orange County, Cali as he caused havoc just cruising along in his car. What? It's just a car. I'm waiting for the day some slack jawwed guy crashes while gaping at his ride. Thankfully, no such wrecks happened today.

We were running late and arrived at 9 am which meant most of the crowd was already there. But, the owners of Hillco saved a primed spot for Yannick cause he's such a good customer. He didn't even get the car stopped before the crowds enveloped his car like a tidal wave. Personally, I'd be a bit unnerved by it, but I guess he's used to it by now.

Purple Reign Racing showed up with a couple of the teams fast rides. First, is this Maverick that runs mid 8's. Second, was this monster purple Camaro that runs in 7's. Yikes!

Doc Brown and Marty McFly landed here by accident, but stayed awhile. The taco bar right in front of the Delorean must've caught their noses' attention. This is one of the movie cars that the owner claimed he drove here from LA.

Notice this one has an automatic transmission, not the five speed that Marty gripped in the movie.

Mr. Fusion on the back is made up from some high tech materials, a finned brake drum, a cut in half torque convertor, and a hubcap. Yes, Doc Brown had all the newest gadgets.

Crap. I got called back into work. Bear with me. I got 140 pics coming.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: Hillco Fasteners Car Show 2/6/11

Remember Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams? Me neither. I got stoned while watching it. I do remember the old ice cream truck they drove during the movie very similar to this GMC. They were actually selling ice cream out of this one at the show.

A blown Windsor based engine powers this insanely bright yellow Falcon.

This '54 F100 wasn't sporting a boring as small block Chevy. Oh no. It had an injected monster hemi under that tilting hood. It had enough oats to melt those large by huge Mickey Thompson's.

I don't this owner like blind spots.

'70 Chevelle really need a blown BBC and a pair of Holleys sticking through the hood. This one started life as a SS396.

This old street brawler sat untouched for a long time. It's getting a new lease on life with it's new owner. You see the big blow up of the picture taken during it's hey day.

Another former street prowler was this '68 Camaro. Look closely at the subtle stripes on this one.

The show also had some restored to original rides like this rare '37 Ford drop top.

You don't often see unchopped Duece 5 window coupes. This one did get a pretty dramatic channel job and a Z'ed frame.

This gasser-fied Chevy II had some really period era stuff on it, including those tires. They look as old as the car.

The gasser's sbc definitely got some major updates including AFR aluminun heads and a pair of Holley Dominators on a tunnel ram.

A very clean, stock '61 Falcon coupe.

Is it possible that some previous owner attempted to build a clone of Milner's Duece.

The teak cabinetry in the bed of this '65 Elcamino was surprising. Not sure of it's purpose.

There's a lot of bling under the hood of this insanely bright red Nova.

Here's one you see very often. A stripped down '58 Ford two door wagon in near new condition. I like the bubble compass on the dash just like Grandma's.

The owner of this Falcon updated the motor, but kept the old oil bath air cleaner. A different approach.

This Belvedere looks just like the one a few Chrysler engineers unofficially test bed car that roamed Woodward Ave back in the day. This one has a stroked RB out to 500 ci.

Side pipes on a '66 Mustang is a rarity these days. So it one with a rumble seat. It looks like you need to be the size of a kindergartner to sit back there.

There were quite a few Austin Mini's there Sunday.

This one looks like the wild one of the bunch with a Honda Vtec motor squeezed in under it's hood.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This is one of 420 '50 Buick Woodie wagons built that year and it was for sale for a princely sum of $115k. A truly gorgeous car in that dark green.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Nice pics - thanks for posting them Reb -
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Great pix!
          Falcons must be on the rebound.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Great pictures Scott. A mustang with a rumble seat, interesting.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I've got more pics coming.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I would like to personally thank everyone who attended the show and made this event possible. Special thanks to the thread opener on his comments (^_^). I also would like to post our facebook link to everyone on the forum. I have uploaded all of my pictures on there, so everyone is more then welcome to take a look.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Hillco-Fastener-Warehouse/152702571448555?v=wall

*P.S. You may have to sign into an account to view the page.

Comment

I think Fairlane GTA's are underappreciated muscle cars. They have everything needed. Mid size car, big block V8, and Coke bottle lines on the flanks.

"Dual quad, four speed, positraction, 409. She's real fine. My 409."

I'm not sure I like this new fad of disguising your sbc as a Olds Rocket, or any other brand of engine. What about you guys?

This '61 Olds Starfire convertible was gorgeous. One of those cars the designers hit the ball out of the park with their pens and pencils.

'59 and '60 Impala's are rare cause they can get away with 20 inchers in their fenders without looking cartoonish. This one also had a crate 502 bbc.

How did this black on black '55 Chevy manage go it's whole life in LA without it's sixer getting trashed canned in favor of a raucous V8? The answer is that the original owner, now elderly, drove it all these years.

Wow. A '30 something Cadillac La Salle that still has all of it's bits still attached and not stripped of all kinds of stuff by hot rodders over the decades.

There were a few '64 and '65 Chevelles lined up together. This '65 convertible got some big bucks tossed at it to make it a sumputous cruiser.

This '65, in contrast, had a roll of quarters tossed at it to keep it running on todays shit gasoline.

The stocker '65 Malibu SS was super sweet. Although, the 283 would have to go in my possession.

This old Unimog people hauler had a mining company name painted on its doors. I wasn't quite sure if that was faux patina, but the rest of the truck was super patina cool. I don't think I'd want to ride up and down a mountain in the back of this thing. I'd end the ride with all my fillings knocked out of my teeth and my internal organs all rearranged.

This '60 Corvette had the definite look of being used and abused regularly. I appreciate that, especially those sidepipes. The one detail that would have the Bloomington Gold crowd quivering with anger in their blue blazers were the 6x9 mounted on top of the convertible top cover.

There were an entire cadre of cool Mustangs that ran the gamut from classic to modern and from restored to raced.

One of the racey Mustangs there was this '79 four eye hatchback that was packing a monster stroked 385 series 460. It looks as if it was painted in the late 80's during the height of the pastelly pro street parade ground prowlers. I'll spare you the pink madness outside shots and show you some really neat details. Color choice aside, the quality of it's build is undeniable.

That gasser Nova with rock hard pie crust slicks, side exit headers also had a period Army surplus parachute to help with it's van sourced drum brakes stop it.

This five window Model A coupe had the big torquey Buick Nailhead for power with an interesting home built three Stromberg tunnel ram on top.

This lil Model T coupe with it's lil four popper ( We think it's a Ford 2.3 ltr version) with loooonggg side pipes and side draft carbs.

'60 Chevy panel wagons are pretty rare to see these days. None of them ever get used for their intended purpose anymore of diaper service deliveries or plumbing supplies selling.

This '69 Chevy pickup got chopped, air bagged, hood scooped, and downright scary looking.

Not sure why a '65 Impala this clean got my attention.

This go fast style Mustang still had a 5.0 engine under it's hood, but with a longer arm inside.

This is a Class 7A off road fun machine built and run by a local team. It's still mostly a Ford Ranger underneath. OK, it's not, but it was a Ford Ranger.

This car has the look of a early race car, but it was built from scratch recently. The owner/builder drives all over the place and I see it a lot at local shows. The big Buick straight 8 got a bunch of pretty parts and some go fast goodies inside.

Country clubs need more angry type golf carts like this custom cart company makes.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

One very cool pedal car.

Hillco was restoring this cute lil '53 Bug. It's almost done.

One of a few bikes that showed up was this 1929 Henderson Excelsior bike with it's inline 4 banger. The current owner has been it's care taker for over forty years and restored it some 20 years ago. It had some really cool details including a gear on the rear wheel that drove the cable type speedo. The speedo was lit by a license plate type light. Even the horn worked.

This old Triumph broke a fuel line to one it's carbs so I busted out the tool box to help the owner fix it to get home. I like the cool little spare spark plug holder and tool.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X