2nd Shop Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Shop Gathering

We are getting together on the 20th for the 2nd of three wintergatherings at my shop. These gathering are free, any professionals in attendance are requested to refrain from any active self promotion of products or services.

This session will include basic metal shaping by Robert McCartney (metal shaper of the month, All Metalshaping web site), Robert will demo what you can do with basic hand tools, tech will include shrinking, stretching, planishing. Tom Mancuso, an old school metalman, will demo joint leading. John Herold (corvette restorations) will discuss surface prep for paint, inclu different etching & epoxy primers, filler primers etc. I will demo some basic welding with the tig and those interested are asked to bring a shield and they can try thier hand at it. I'll also demo fusion tack weld and butt seam welding without filler as applied to body panels and how to minimize distortion.

I'll open shop around 8am, people show up 9ish for coffee and donuts, the demos begin at 10ish, we'll have a deli style lunch and continue until we feel like going home.
    This is all about a bunch of deliquent hot rodders getting together, share some knowledge and have fun doing it. I hope you can make it, my shop is Clarke Co. Speed, Berryville VA, about 15 miles of rt81 near Winchester. Shop phone is 540-955-0479 email is [email protected]
    We are looking for an ignition guy for the March session.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Re: 2nd Shop Gathering

Great idea - wish I was closer.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'll second the "wish I was closer" sentiment. I'd LOVE to learn how to bash sheet metal around. I do some now but I'm completely fakin' it.

Dan

Comment

Thinking about it. It looks to be an hour and a half drive. Maybe Dean will be up for a mid winter sprint.

This is the last time I fired it up. Late October that's just depressing.

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

That car needs a plastic air dam.

Man, I want to haul my ass down to that deal but I'll be in Louisiana.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Plastic air dam that goes over the whole car! lookin like something Mork would drive. The cd on this car is less than abysmal... On the up side plenty of flow through the radiator and snappy new seat covers. ;D

Sorry about the inside joke hijack.

Still thinkin about showing up.... If old mopar guys are allowed in the parking lot... turn the hose on'em

Steve
            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

steve if you go i might go if i can stay out of crazy rays

Comment

What do they have a sale I don't know about? Do they ever have a sale? The two closest to me are nut houses on the weekend's, can't even get in the parking lot. The last time I went they had a nail head I wanted bad but the wife unit initiated the "what are we doing with the three motors currently in the way" conversation.

Getting good at hijacking oj's thread.

Good to hear from you Dave. If nothing else there is spring Carlise

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal
                  Plastic air dam that goes over the whole car! lookin like something Mork would drive. The cd on this car is less than abysmal... On the up side plenty of flow through the radiator and snappy new seat covers. ;D

Sorry about the inside joke hijack.

Still thinkin about showing up.... If old mopar guys are allowed in the parking lot... turn the hose on'em

Steve
                  I think it looks cool -
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Getting good at hijacking oj's thread.

Steve
                    [/quote]

Actually i am grateful for keeping this thread alive as it gives me a chance to state claims of my potatoe salad causing 'gastronimical distress' are highly over stated and it isn't my fault that they didn't have the forsight to take a handfull of paper napkins with them for the long ride home. It won't happen again. I think.
                    Thanks and hope to see you there, oj
                    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

Maybe someone could take some pics and we could do "on-line" classes ?
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

OJ, what do you guys do out there? Hot rods? Speed shop? Paint? Resto?

Post up some pic's or a link to the shop site.

Steve

Comment

I'm going to be up in Frederick at a training class, so if I finish in time, I'd love to come down.
                          "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

That Phil's a pretty fart smeller! (P-dub can translate). Anyhow, I think an online tutorial would be a GREAT idea and we could access it whenever we need the info. Steve - do you have a camera?

Dan

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                            Maybe someone could take some pics and we could do "on-line" classes ?

Comment

I am going and I will bring my camera. Wahoo!!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X