HOW TO GET OUT OF THE DOG HOUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO GET OUT OF THE DOG HOUSE

Mass general hospital is doing some overnight stay test(2 night 2 day) and it falls on feb 14th/15th,
    now because I've been in and out of hospital and out of work (no money) I promissed to cook a nice dinner the 14th..
    she knows the test has to be done, but even tho she won't let on. is totally bummed about the dinner and spending val. day night apart..
    HELP Se's been a trooper the whole time.. as I've been a grumpy bas t ard..
    Ideas

Re: HOW TO GET OUT OF THE DOG HOUSE

Maybe a friend or family member would be willing to prepare and deliver the meal to your hospital room. Set it up ahead of time with the staff there and maybe have an hour or two where you both won't be interrupted, invite her up since its V-day and surprise her with a nice and (as much as it can be) romantic dinner ....

It'll work ... she'll be surprised and know that your thinking about her, even though everything that's going on is getting in the way.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Does it HAVE to be on the 14th?

maybe you could work something in before going into the hospital (as a surprise?)

I hope the docs can find whatever they are looking for and you can be done with this hospital stuff SOON.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

eat the hospital food and waste away

Comment

VALENTINES DAY
          THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS!
          For your female significant other...
          1) The "gift" is not as important as that you put thought into it and didn't do it at the last minute.
          2) The "gift" does not have to be expensive, as long as you put thought into it and didn't do it at the last minute.
          3) Where you do dinner is not that important as long as you put thought into it and didn't do it at the last minute.
          4) THE most important thing is to make her feel that you still have the "hots" for her, so make a move, and put thought into it and don't do it at the last minute..

~Gail
          :-*
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Hmmm, a lot of thinking to avoid the dog house :-\
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

My head hurts when I think ....
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Tell her what you just typed...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  eat the hospital food and waste away
                  :
                  cook ahead of the date. the date has expectations anyway...
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
                    VALENTINES DAY
                    THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS!
                    For your female significant other...
                    1) The "gift" is not as important as that you put thought into it and didn't do it at the last minute.
                    2) The "gift" does not have to be expensive, as long as you put thought into it and didn't do it at the last minute.
                    3) Where you do dinner is not that important as long as you put thought into it and didn't do it at the last minute.
                    4) THE most important thing is to make her feel that you still have the "hots" for her, so make a move, and put thought into it and don't do it at the last minute..

~Gail
                    :-*
                    So a gift card from Jeg's won't cut it ? Damn, I'm cooked.

Take a shot at some poetry dude - schmaltzy but the cost is right.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Listen to Gail. She's one of them wimmings (as Popeye would say). She knows this stuff. And I'd suggest you show her this thread - maybe on Valentine's Day. I'll wager she'll be impressed and moved that you were working on ways to come thru on your promise even if stuff happens that's out of your control.

Seems to me like you're a pretty good guy to keep this on your RADAR even when you must have so much to worry about.

Dan

Comment

Don't listen to Dan ...... The TWINS are out as an option (... just cause he can't he wants to live vicariously .... damn it man )

Comment

Just get some Russell Stovers heart boxed candy from the hospital gift shop.Who the hell dosent like them?

Comment

Do the dinner the night before you go in, then bring a couple of candles and a radio to put music on and have some food and flowers delivered to your room.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

The chocolates and so on..... I think Gail was saying that ANYTHING that shows that you were thinking of her and didn't just try to throw something together at the last minute will make her happy. Get some kind of candy (maybe Godiva if she likes that) that you CAN'T get at the gift shop and sneak it in with you (or arrange for a buddy to smuggle it in) so she knows it wasn't a last minute thought. It's the forethought that counts.

Don't listen to Tedly - he's a booger eating moron!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X