Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW TO GET OUT OF THE DOG HOUSE

Originally posted by DanStokes
    Listen to Gail. She's one of them wimmings (as Popeye would say). She knows this stuff. And I'd suggest you show her this thread - maybe on Valentine's Day. I'll wager she'll be impressed and moved that you were working on ways to come thru on your promise even if stuff happens that's out of your control.

Seems to me like you're a pretty good guy to keep this on your RADAR even when you must have so much to worry about.

Dan
    You're on Dan, if he shows this thread to his wife I wager her words will be "you don't love me, you talk to all of your friends yet you don't ask me what I want."

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hmmm... the man makes a good point. :-\
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

That would NOT be ME's reaction (I asked her). The fact that TAZ is thinking about her and what he can do to make a nice Valentine's surprise for her is the whole point of the deal. Some ladies don't care for surprises so you have to know the preferences of YOUR individual sweetie.

Dan

Comment

Oh the hell with it, I'm pushing the dog over and crawling back in.

Good luck Taz with all your endevor's.

Comment

I used to work with a guy who was even older than me. We were all there in an office trailer, all friends, no secrets.

Well, Moose forgot his wedding anniversary. Forgot it until the day-of. He remembered it out loud, that day at work...."OH SHIT!!!"

Talk about a save? He cut out words from newspapers and magazines and made a love card for his wife, all taped together on a piece of copier paper.

It was springtime in South Carolina, and he stopped several times beside the road on his way home, gathering up blooming weeds from the ditch to make a bouquet.

His wife was stunned at THE THOUGHT that took. It went over huge. She talked, and the other bitties at his church talked and it was no time until all the other old fart guys at the church were really pissed off at him. He showed them all up, one-upped them all for sentiment.

Moose saved his own ass at the last minute. Boy, did he do good. Cheap bastard - he didn't spend a penny on that one, but he won the game.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

thanks, guys (and gal ;) )
              my wifes been a trooper through this whole mess, doctors picking at straws, try'n to pin point this..
              I could do it this w end but , it be a 9pm dinner after a 12 hour day. no matter how good the meal, it will be lost on her being beat..
              guess, I'll try for the next w end, but getting her off the nascar daytona coverage will be, not happening..
              thanks again, I'll figure something out..
              not knowing whats wrong with me sucks, but seeing her worry, sucked 100 times more

Comment

How about some "just because" gifts you could sprinkle in through out the week.

flowers, chocolates, a card, a gift certificate for spa time or a massage, manicure, pedicure, etc....

Let her know it hurts you to see her worry and you're really dissappointed about how the schedule worked out with the hospital.....
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

???
                  Perhaps writing your WIFE a poem instead of the one you posted earlier in that other thread might be a good place to start...
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
                    ???
                    Perhaps writing your WIFE a poem instead of the one you posted earlier in that other thread might be a good place to start...
                    haha that "other thread" writing would get me slapped...

Comment

Working...
                    X