Truck driver strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck driver strike

I've been hearing all the noise about a truck driver strike that's supposed to start today in protest of the price of fuel. I have a CB in my truck and I've been hearing about it. Some are trying to stick to it, some are not and are getting yelled at by the ones that are. All kinds of fussing. Supposedly, they are supposed to either park their trucks and not drive or drive well under the speed limit. I heard 45mph max. It is kinda fun listening in on the CB. Anybody heard anything?

Re: Truck driver strike

Just what I read, they are not orginized so everyone wont participate, if they all did it would work. I hope someone does something...owner operators are getting screwed.

Comment

I'm surprised this didn't happen before now. If it was organized better I'm sure it would open the right eyes. Those oil execs have to use T.P. just like us. ;D

Comment

Here in PA yesterday about 200 trucks drove from a truckstop on I-78 up to Harrisburg (a distance of 40 miles or so) at 40-45 mph. They clogged up the highways pretty bad, and spent a lot of time blowing their horns and otherwise creating quite a disturbance.

Now they're talking about going down to DC.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

How will this bring the prices of fuel down?

Comment

That's what I was trying to figure out yesterday when my truck driver was telling me about it.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

they want the fuel taxes dropped , if they drop the diesel tax , they better drop the gasoline tax , like that will ever happen , peeing into the wind ..............

Comment

Just saw a story on the Natl News. The Story I was following more closily was the story on the Oil Companies Billions of Dollars of Profit for the Year. Good Old Exxon tops the chart at over 11.7 Billion. Some of the other Oil Companies made between 2.0 and 7.3 Billion Each. The best part is Congress is debating giving them 18 Billion worth of Tax Breaks for the Oil Industry. Seems the Oil Companies need the money for Research. Probably researching how to stick it to us some more. Without cutting into thier Investors Profits, the rest of us can pay for it. I think they should spend thier own Money for Research. (Bastards)

I would like some Money to research how to make the Kia Faster, but that ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  they want the fuel taxes dropped , if they drop the diesel tax , they better drop the gasoline tax , like that will ever happen , peeing into the wind ..............
                  This was basically what I've seen. There's like a $0.19 per gallon federal tax on fuel, as well as the states individual fuel and road taxes. But it does appear that the strike hasn't been organized well enough to make an impact. But at least somebody is at least trying to do something. If it does any good or not......... ???

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    Just remember that much of that tax on gas, or diesel, goes to road repair and/or building. In my opinion Congress should stand up to the oil companies and tell them very simply that if they can't drop the prices, and take the hit on their huge profits, they will loose the $18 billion they get from the gov't each year.

Comment

I love it! They should strike.
                      have you seen the price of a gallon of diesel lately?
                      $4.40 a gallon at the nearest station.
                      Thats criminal. diesel is basically a crap fuel. thats why people turned to
                      it when gasoline prices crept up initially.
                      Then the Big Diesel truck craze got started, and now big oil has everybody over the
                      same barrell. literally.

I do like the fact that people with diesel powered vehicles are discovering alternative fuels
                      like french fry grease.
                      Last time I was in the city, I followed a one ton dually thinking I was headed to
                      a fast food joint.

Comment

The truckers striked in the 70's for basically the same thing.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

it didnt do a damn thing then either....

Comment

Originally posted by CJTORINO
                            I love it! They should strike.
                            have you seen the price of a gallon of diesel lately?
                            $4.40 a gallon at the nearest station.
                            Thats criminal. diesel is basically a crap fuel. thats why people turned to
                            it when gasoline prices crept up initially.
                            Then the Big Diesel truck craze got started, and now big oil has everybody over the
                            same barrell. literally.

I do like the fact that people with diesel powered vehicles are discovering alternative fuels
                            like french fry grease.
                            Last time I was in the city, I followed a one ton dually thinking I was headed to
                            a fast food joint.
                            The "claim" my the oil companies is that the new sulfur free diesel is costing them more money to produce, thus the higher prices. It is obviously not affecting their bottom line, however.

Comment

Federal and state taxes are more on a gallon of gas or diesel than the oil companies make in profits on that same gallon. A tax cut will make an immediate impact. Good luck getting the government taking less money for change! It is easier for politicians to direct the consumers' ire towards Big Oil than to have it directed towards themselves and the rest of Big Govt!

Comment

Working...
                              X