F150 Flap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Flap

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Italian luxury car maker Ferrari said Thursday that it won't call its new race car the F150, relenting to a lawsuit filed Wednesday by the Ford Motor Co.

"Ferrari believes that its own contender in the forthcoming F1 championship cannot be confused with other types of commercially available vehicle of any sort whatsoever, nor can it give the impression that there is a link to another brand of road-going vehicle," Ferrari said in a written statement. "Therefore it is very difficult to understand Ford's viewpoint on the matter."

Re: F150 Flap

Translation:

Our poo doesn't stink and those American hillbillies are trying to draw a line between our hyper expensive sports car and their manure spreader of a truck. Unfortunately they'll beat our ass as bad as they thumped the Italian army during the war, so we'll follow tradition, drop our guns and run like 9 year old girls.

Good day sirs.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

lol @ brian
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Italian luxury car maker Ferrari said Thursday that it won't call its new race car the F150, relenting to a lawsuit filed Wednesday by the Ford Motor Co.

"Ferrari believes that its own contender in the forthcoming F1 championship cannot be confused with other types of commercially available vehicle of any sort whatsoever, nor can it give the impression that there is a link to another brand of road-going vehicle," Ferrari said in a written statement. "Therefore it is very difficult to understand Ford's viewpoint on the matter."
        this is so.... italian.

reminds me of the one in a million surname, ethnic so thick it is barely communicable, in a place that has it outnumbered 350 million to one...and yet what they say goes to their imagnary world of big bad religious bigotry until epiphany of suicide standing their ground for no reason other than a retarded thief.

I hope they don't understand my viewpoint on their viewpoint of the matter matter.

the repost post. ???
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Henry and Enzo revisited
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
            Henry and Enzo revisited
            But for the lack of a thumb......
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

They say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Eurotrash maker Ferrari, still smarting from the spanking they received from the GT-40, chose to emulate the venerable Ford pickup trucks by naming their latest creation for the truck of the same name, the F-150. Ford, not pleased with this blatant attempt to steal their good name by another 3rd-world backwater nation, brought suit to prevent this travesty. Ford's spokesman said "be it a Chinese sweatshop, hacker, or italian we will not let our name be sullied by the likes of them." Ford's stockholders were relieved that Ford has taken such an active role in protecting its name. Ford, as is its normal form, then sued the stockholders for using the name "Ford" without their permission.

And the lawyers rejoiced.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

ferrari got butt hert back in the 60's when pontiac used the GTO name but heaven for bid any one gets butt hert if ferrari uses an existing name :D

Comment

Them shifty eye-talians... almost can picture 'em, pouring the wine, dishing out pasta, and gesturing wildly about Ford's audacity to sue THEM, they who worship CNC'd aluminum and carbon fiber, they who live so near his holiness. (I mean Burlesconi, not the Pope).

"Ford?! E bastarde! Pedi cavale NUME! Va Fangul! Pass the vino over here!"
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony
                    Them shifty eye-talians... almost can picture 'em, pouring the wine, dishing out pasta, and gesturing wildly about Ford's audacity to sue THEM, they who worship CNC'd aluminum and carbon fiber, they who live so near his holiness. (I mean Burlesconi, not the Pope).

"Ford?! E bastarde! Pedi cavale NUME! Va Fangul! Pass the vino over here!"
                    :D :D There ya go. :D :D

Comment

that 15 year old arab chick the silvio was hittin is hot - launch a thousand ships kind of hot

Comment

does it matter, ford f-150's still suck ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                          Eurotrash maker Ferrari, still smarting from the spanking they received from the GT-40
                          Ford sold the GT for about 17 minutes, I hardly call that a "spanking"

And the GT40, many years earlier, same deal. Ford can't do a high end car for more than a few minutes without losing the bank. Comparing the two is laughable at best.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
                            Now, wait a minute....okay they all suck except for the one we have. I can deal with that. All the rest of them suck. I'm okay with that. Ours is just fine. I guess we got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                              Originally posted by Tazracing
                              Now, wait a minute....okay they all suck except for the one we have. I can deal with that. All the rest of them suck. I'm okay with that. Ours is just fine. I guess we got lucky.
                              Either that, or you just jynxd yourself and it's gonna spit a cam follower or spark plug the next time you drive it. I hope not, but...
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X