F150 Flap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F150 Flap

I've said before, and I'll say again, I quit being superstitious a long time ago when I finally realized that being superstitious brings with it a whole lot of bad luck.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
      Originally posted by Tazracing
      does it matter, ford f-150's still suck ;D
      Now, wait a minute....okay they all suck except for the one we have. I can deal with that. All the rest of them suck. I'm okay with that. Ours is just fine. I guess we got lucky.
      I've had three, 88/92/97 I'm ruff on equipment, the 88 zf5speed, bent shifting forks (how)
      the 92 was bought for wife, I spent more time chase'n wires..
      the 97 my first NEW car.. had it 2 years, well make that 13 months the other 11 months the dealership had it..
      that one almost cost me my job it broke down so much..
      my 04 chevy z71, no issues, other than the color sucked.
      I've had grand marks and have had no real issues 89 was sold with 460k on the clock..
      but ford trucks..
      dads 77 was fun, hit a bump.. roll to side of road, open hood, punch box on pass side, and start back up..
      84 diesel injector pump and starters yearly.. I can do them in my sleep..

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
        Originally posted by Buickguy
        Eurotrash maker Ferrari, still smarting from the spanking they received from the GT-40
        Ford sold the GT for about 17 minutes, I hardly call that a "spanking"

And the GT40, many years earlier, same deal. Ford can't do a high end car for more than a few minutes without losing the bank. Comparing the two is laughable at best.
        no, the real GT-40, not the abomination that they built for 17 minutes.... this GT-40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAnlMNvK8Y

not this one:
        Part two of two. The Ford GT may be Jeremy Clarkson's dream car but it does have one or two drawbacks and proves to be a little impractical, much to the amus...

the only thing good about the 'new' gt-40 was the humor of the problems Jeremy had with the car

oh yeah, and for the record my original comments were meant as humor because if I had a ferrari I'd drive the wee out of it.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Our 150 is an '05 and it hasn't missed a beat. I would go on TV and do a Ford commercial with Mike Rowe if he asked me to.

The worst thing Bubba the Truck has done is to pee in the floorboard. His air conditioning condensate elbow-thing got clogged and water dripped on the floorboard on the passenger side.

Oh, and the brake rotors. Ford should really make or buy better brake rotors, Yeah, they warp. And it makes the guy at the dealership accuse you of "driving agressively." No, I didn't really like that part of it. I just now remembered that episode.

Okay I'm not a car guy, but I'm a Ford guy. There I am.

Comment

the new ford gt had toyota level recall counts - farming out production to saleen was kinda dumb , should have built them in the carbon fiber race car capital of the world , merry old englend

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
              the new ford gt had toyota level recall counts - farming out production to saleen was kinda dumb , should have built them in the carbon fiber race car capital of the world , merry old englend
              Why has there never been an announced recall of garage door openers? It's always cars for safety issues, baby toys for lead content, ground beef patties for salmonella, but never garage door openers.

Why IS that?

Comment

For the record, it's Ferrari's Formula one car, not a production car. I doubt anyone who knows what one is would know what the other is (besides speedster obviously).
                Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
                  For the record, it's Ferrari's Formula one car, not a production car. I doubt anyone who knows what one is would know what the other is (besides speedster obviously).
                  you'd think Ford would WANT that association.

Most of the ford drivin' crowd wouldn't know the difference, and they could get on the internet and tell their friends how the F150 is so badass, it wins Formula One races.

;)
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I can kind of see what they are afraid of.

People on the whole are pretty dumb and it wouldn't take much to have someone start the, "Hey, look, Ford named their truck after a race car!" thing.

Protecting one of the most recognizable brand names out there, for better or worse.

It is ironic that Pontiac took the GTO name and basically threw their fingers up at Ferrari who were pissed off. The Ferrari GTOs stand as some of the most beautiful and expensive cars in the world. The Poncho's stand as my favorite cars.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

but before the credit crunch, ford sold the rights to all those tm's
                      so does ford even have the right to sue ..

Comment

Yeah, um, they didn't sell anything. They used all that stuff as collateral against a loan.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

no ford is making payments still , they didn't lose their intellectual property , yet

Comment

Working...
                          X