X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR
    replied
    Re: Jr #88 fastest 199.86mph

Good for Little E. My $.02 is that he can drive a good car- especially on a superspeedway, but he can't make up for a bad car like his dad did- nor can he communicate well enough to help his crew chief adjust the car during a race to make it good.

I have quit watching NASCAR for the most part too. I have been following it off and on since about 1980. Was a big Darrell Waltrip fan and pulled for big E, liked Rusty Wallace when he drove a Pontiac and pulled for Morgan Shepard. But I have gotten tired of all the whining by the drivers and fans- if the cars run together, they whine (Big E called it the most pathetic racing he had ever seen one year at Talledaga when they were all lumped up). If someone is running away from everyone, everyone but him whines (for all those but Jimmy Johnson the past few years.)

So what constitutes good racing? For the competitors, it is being able to lap everyone and win. For the fans, it is to see their guy lead and win (like Tazracing and Little E.) However, for one guy to win means everyone else loses. Such is life. If the same guy is consistently good, then everyone whines (except him and his fans).

I am tired of it. Maybe some day I will like it again- then again, maybe not.

You didn't ask for my commentary, but you got it... deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• mlcraven
    replied

Like many folks, I've been cranky about NASCAR for years. And I realize no one likes a whiner. But the Daytona kick-off to the racing season always boosts enthusiasm and draws me back in, at least for a little while.

I just wish the powers-that-be would let the racers race and refrain from the constant dicking with the rules and format. If the teams are comfortable running Daytona at 200+, let 'em go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Tazracing
    Guest replied

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    so , we lost the johnny come lately fans ...
    THANK GOD<

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

so , we lost the johnny come lately fans ...I am still somewhat into it , not like say from the years 1971-2001 ...but it is nice to sit the kids in front of the tv and watch

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

they went to smaller plate this year ...that new nose without the splitter is slick as hell and a good move

Leave a comment:

• Tazracing
    Guest replied

Originally posted by studemax
    Don't give a damn about NASCAR world.
    good nobody asked u

Leave a comment:

• studemax
    replied

Don't give a damn about NASCAR world.

Leave a comment:

• Tazracing
    Guest replied

the plate engines are down 60-70hp because of the e15 fuel..
    and get junk mpg
    the pit math ,is gonna be big..
    the new nose that lines up with the rears for 360 bump drafting

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

Waltrip average speed last practice was above 202 mph. That means his back stretch speed was closer to 205 mph. Something tellls me that Nascar will slow them down by the July race with some aero thingy stuck on the cars.

Leave a comment:

• mlcraven
    replied

I read this morning that with the new surface 200+ is proving to be a piece of cake

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

harvick is looking good in that black car

Leave a comment:

• sedandelivery55
    replied

He also got the luck of the draw for the shootout, pole position. Doesn't matter, Mr. "Where did he come from" Harvick is going to win again. ;D

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

jr finished 2nd last year daytona - one of the few highlights for a dismal season

Leave a comment:

• HEMI
    replied

BFD.

Leave a comment:

• IOWA552SLOW
    replied

dale jr ??? ???who's that. ??? ???
    good luck, but i don't see it helping him much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X