• Show
Clear All

Re: Jr #88 fastest 199.86mph

^^^^to quote Yunick, that boy just "drove over the crankshaft"
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      NASCAR officials announced two technical changes Sunday evening aimed at preventing the sustained two-car drafts that dominated Saturday night's Budweiser Shootout at Daytona. Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, said the body issued a bulletin to race teams with the following specifications:
      " The maximum size for the air inlet for the cooling system will be 2? inches tall by 20 inches wide.
      " The pressure release valve on the water system will be set at 33 pounds per square inch.
      The intent is to set up the cars so they can't push each other in two-car tandems for extended runs without overheating. Teams try to line up drafting partners at Daytona and Talladega so they can overcome the limitations of the restrictor plates used to keep speeds down at those two tracks. "That will bring down the temperatures so the teams can't run at 290 or 300 degrees [without overheating] on the extended push of 30 or 40 laps," Pemberton said. "This will put [the water temperature in the engines] back in the 250-degree range." Several drivers, crew chiefs and team executives expected NASCAR to control the pressure relief valve. Jamie McMurray, who finished second to Kurt Busch in the Shootout, said many cars had valves that allowed the temperature up to 300 degrees before boiling over. That allowed the second car in the two-car draft to push longer without overheating -- some for more than a dozen laps -- under Saturday's cooler outdoor temperatures. The weather is expected to be warmer for Thursday's qualifying races and the Daytona 500
      I say.......let 'em build the living shit out
      of the motors

then make 'em drive the race with their
      emergency brake half on
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
        NASCAR officials announced two technical changes Sunday evening aimed at preventing the sustained two-car drafts that dominated Saturday night's Budweiser Shootout at Daytona. Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, said the body issued a bulletin to race teams with the following specifications:
        " The maximum size for the air inlet for the cooling system will be 2? inches tall by 20 inches wide.
        " The pressure release valve on the water system will be set at 33 pounds per square inch.
        The intent is to set up the cars so they can't push each other in two-car tandems for extended runs without overheating. Teams try to line up drafting partners at Daytona and Talladega so they can overcome the limitations of the restrictor plates used to keep speeds down at those two tracks. "That will bring down the temperatures so the teams can't run at 290 or 300 degrees [without overheating] on the extended push of 30 or 40 laps," Pemberton said. "This will put [the water temperature in the engines] back in the 250-degree range." Several drivers, crew chiefs and team executives expected NASCAR to control the pressure relief valve. Jamie McMurray, who finished second to Kurt Busch in the Shootout, said many cars had valves that allowed the temperature up to 300 degrees before boiling over. That allowed the second car in the two-car draft to push longer without overheating -- some for more than a dozen laps -- under Saturday's cooler outdoor temperatures. The weather is expected to be warmer for Thursday's qualifying races and the Daytona 500
        I say.......let 'em build the living shit out
        of the motors

then make 'em drive the race with their
        emergency brake half on
        Amen to that, brother.
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Bumpdrafter

very sport has conspiracy theorists. People will believe anything. There are idiots everywhere.

I keep trying to tell myself certain things to help me overlook some of the ignorant views of certain fans in this sport. It’s starting to not work anymore.

Every time Dale Earnhardt Jr won in the past 6 years, which, mind you, has only been a few times, the NASCAR conspiracy theorists come out. These people believe that when Jr. won the 2001 July Daytona race that NASCAR fixed the race. They believe that any change in NASCAR is engineered to benefit Dale Earnhardt Jr. They believe NASCAR made Earnhardt’s 1998 Daytona 50 win happen.

Just today I read a blog article at Fanhouse.com by a “writer,” David Whitley , who apparently takes NASCAR for professional wrestling. He supposes that NASCAR puts the fix in for Dale Jr. when it needs a boost in ratings. Apparently Mr. Whitley has not watched the past few years: NASCAR could have used plenty of boosts, yet no bounty of Junior wins…

In fact, in the past six years Dale Earnhardt Jr. has only won 3 races. Two of those wins came due to fuel mileage. I’m sure he had an extra gallon or two of fuel capacity.

Mr. Whitley would propose that the only reason Dale Earnhardt Jr. could win the Daytona 500 is for NASCAR to have “the fix” in. Apparently he has not driven around any of the Cup drivers. I’m sure ole Happy Harvick would be glad to let Dale Jr win. Heck, he and Kyle Busch would probably push Dale Jr. past everyone just to help NASCAR out.

While you’re at it, Mr. Whitley, why don’t you just ask NASCAR to have Dale Jr. finish the race backwards for the win? We could pitch it to them and tell them we’ll have Vegas odds-makers bet on the possibility or even set it up for half of the winnings to go toward NASCAR charities!

The most outrageous thing I have heard so far, came at the beginning of his post where he said the following:

NASCAR is asking 200,000 fans to honor Dale Earnhardt this coming Sunday. On the third lap, everyone at the Daytona 500 will be asked to extend three fingers.

The announcer might as well say, "Everyone who thinks Dale's son will win, please raise your hand.”

Honoring a great race car driver who died ten years earlier has only one thing to do with Dale Jr. It was his father. Showing him respect does not mean Junior has to win. I am sure many of the fans who hold up three fingers on the third lap will hope he does not win. Yet they respect the memory of his father and they respect the sport. Maybe you could learn a lesson from them Mr. Whitley.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has 18 Cup wins, 7 of which were in restrictor plate races. He has two Nationwide championships. Only two other drivers have shown the same dominating ability at Daytona and Talladega: Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon. So IF he indeed does win this Sunday, at least consider thinking he may have won it on his own just prior to typing more blather about a conspiracy theory.

Comment

newsflash - 88 pole sitter just got wrecked in practice , going to the back up car - jeff gordon will start on the pole now

Comment

newsflash - 88 pole sitter just got wrecked in practice , going to the back up car - jeff gordon will start on the pole now
              hate to say i told you so, but some of us knew something like this was bound to happen. will find out tomorrow how my driver does. 8)

Comment

lookin good looking good

Comment

PTI: Dale Jr's Daytona 500 fixed?: Co-host Tony Kornheiser intimated on ESPN's Pardon the Interruption that NASCAR had helped Earnhardt turn the fastest lap in qualifying. Kornheiser said a longtime NASCAR reporter told him there was a 60% chance that Earnhardt's car might not be legal. "There are people in and around the NASCAR world, not just drivers but people who cover the sport, who are winking at this one," Kornheiser said. "Who are wondering if this wasn't a setup because it's the pole position." The reporter was The Washington Post's Liz Clarke, who covered NASCAR for more than a decade for four newspapers and also wrote a book about the sport. Earlier Tuesday, Clarke had appeared on Kornheiser's ESPN 980 radio show in Washington. During a discussion about Earnhardt's pole position, Clarke said, "people who covered racing for a long time, a lot were just laughing when they heard Junior won the pole because of the rich NASCAR tradition of ginning up storylines and outcomes. There's a lot of questions still about Richard Petty's 200th win, which came the day Ronald Reagan was there. Everything Americana happened to fall into place that particular day." Noting that PTI does a segment called "Odds" in which situations are assigned a 1-100 percentage, Kornheisesr asked Clarke, "what are the odds that NASCAR rigged this" so Earnhardt would start first? "I'd say better than 60%," Clarke said. "I'm trying to think, 'Will I regret saying that?' No, it's more likely than not. But he drives for the best, best team with the best cars and smartest mechanics. This is an awesome team. He's had the best equipment." During a Wednesday morning appearance on Sirius NASCAR Radio, Clarke said she regretted assigning a percentage to such a scenario.
                  ESPN vice president of motorsports Rich Feinberg said, "that's a show of opinion, and they are entitled to their opinion. And I can tell you for sure that ESPN doesn't agree with his opinion yesterday, but that's the nature of commentary, and not all the time are we going to get a rosy picture when people are offering their opinions."
                  After Nationwide practice Wednesday, Earnhardt told reporters Kornheiser's comments didn't bother him because "those two guys that do that show don't know much about racing." Kornheiser was contrite about his NASCAR comments during Wednesday's PTI show. The featured interview was five-time champion Jimmie Johnson, who jokingly invited Kornheiser to a NASCAR race "to keep you from saying stupid things."

Comment

Because of it being the tenth anv. of Big E's death. the rumor mill goes on and on on. the fix is in..
                    it that was the case..
                    he'd have won the shoot out..
                    and not be starting a back up car..
                    the only fix thats in. is he still has bad luck

Comment

88 is always strong in plate races , even without the fix lol

did the kornheiser ever play a sport or build and drive a race car ? or is he a weenie mike lupica type 'reporter' ?

Comment

I think Kornheiser was probably a career score keeper.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

this is going to be good - ok you son's of bitches -lets have us a race

Comment

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

So much for the pole position.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

can't predict anything , fun day - brother kesolowski getting was sweet , now brad the bad has a bodyguard , his brother looks like an offensive guard

Comment

Working...
                                X