Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jr #88 fastest 199.86mph

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    so , we lost the johnny come lately fans ...
    THANK GOD<

Comment

Like many folks, I've been cranky about NASCAR for years. And I realize no one likes a whiner. But the Daytona kick-off to the racing season always boosts enthusiasm and draws me back in, at least for a little while.

I just wish the powers-that-be would let the racers race and refrain from the constant dicking with the rules and format. If the teams are comfortable running Daytona at 200+, let 'em go for it.
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Good for Little E. My $.02 is that he can drive a good car- especially on a superspeedway, but he can't make up for a bad car like his dad did- nor can he communicate well enough to help his crew chief adjust the car during a race to make it good.

I have quit watching NASCAR for the most part too. I have been following it off and on since about 1980. Was a big Darrell Waltrip fan and pulled for big E, liked Rusty Wallace when he drove a Pontiac and pulled for Morgan Shepard. But I have gotten tired of all the whining by the drivers and fans- if the cars run together, they whine (Big E called it the most pathetic racing he had ever seen one year at Talledaga when they were all lumped up). If someone is running away from everyone, everyone but him whines (for all those but Jimmy Johnson the past few years.)

So what constitutes good racing? For the competitors, it is being able to lap everyone and win. For the fans, it is to see their guy lead and win (like Tazracing and Little E.) However, for one guy to win means everyone else loses. Such is life. If the same guy is consistently good, then everyone whines (except him and his fans).

I am tired of it. Maybe some day I will like it again- then again, maybe not.

You didn't ask for my commentary, but you got it... deal with it.

Comment

BUD shootout - prediction - harvick gets another

Comment

i think it will be a bow tie....
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I'm not really a NASCAR fan but it's always good to see the season start again because you know Winter is coming to an end, I'll probably watch the first couple of races simply because the Weather is stilll too crappy to do much else but then when the decent weather hits I won't have 3 hours to waste watching a bunch of whiners run around in a circle (Oval) all afternoon. I'm sorry I should have just kept my opinion to myself.

Comment

WHEW ! hard to handicap this now , wild times
                my daughters fave CAT car won the first segment

Comment

I predict Jr. will have another dismal season as popularity still can't fix second tier skills. Hard to bet against JJ despite my brand bias.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

what explains the previous junior skills from 98 - 2006 ?

Comment

You mean all the championships he won. Oh, wait he hasn't. My view is he's done less with the best equipment than others with teams at that level. I already know I'm in the minority in this.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

he would have been champion in 04 , but got docked 25 points for saying the word shit in talladega victory lane after winning

kurt busch lucked out -that was fun

can't figure out why bill elliott wasn't in the shootout

Comment

so , we lost the johnny come lately fans ...I am still somewhat into it , not like say from the years 1971-2001 ...but it is nice to sit the kids in front of the tv and watch
                          Take your kids to a dirt track---They'll get some fresh air AND see some real racing. Its a WIN-WIN

Comment

what explains the previous junior skills from 98 - 2006 ?
                            What skills would you be referring to?
                            Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

He was 6th fastest out of the race? 8)
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 88pony
                                so , we lost the johnny come lately fans ...I am still somewhat into it , not like say from the years 1971-2001 ...but it is nice to sit the kids in front of the tv and watch
                                Take your kids to a dirt track---They'll get some fresh air AND see some real racing. Its a WIN-WIN
                                too spensive ... I dirt my share of attending DIRT mods , world of outlaws , nascar mod tour , busch racing attendance

Comment

Working...
                                X