Dueseneberg video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dueseneberg video...

I'm guessing Limousine Body Company - or Murphy. Oops - I just saw Joel's reply.

Anyhow - that's MAGNIFICENT! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Someday I'd love to come and love all over that automobile (a Duesenberg is NOT a "car"). I'd be happy to lick it clean!

Dan

Comment

I just uploaded 2 more videos, one of pulling off the oil pan and another of removing a door panel to lube the window mechanism. ;D

Here we remove the oil pan on the 1929 Duesey and give you a close up look at the Fred Duesenbergs incredible engineering! When you look at the intricate cas...

Get a look inside the door of a 1929 Duesenberg Murphy Convertible Coupe. See how the door is constructed from oak and aluminum.

Comment

Cool stuff Joel - thank you for posting them up sir.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Are those engines so rare that no one really hops one up?
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
            Are those engines so rare that no one really hops one up?
            Now days, no one is really hopping them up too much. The original supercargers are being reproduced, so some guys are bolting them on, but the purists sure frown on it. :o

Yes, improvements for durability happen, like putting in Carrillo forged steel rods to replace the original aluminum rods. But no original heads, blocks, or transmisions are available, so no one is too interested in blowing up irreplaceble parts. Anyway, these were factory hot rods, they didn't need much hopping up. At 265 horse for the naturally aspirated version and 320 - 400 horse for the blown models, they were the most powerful production car on the road from '29 up till the mid '50's. Because of that, back in the day there WAS some hot rodding going on. Like Ab Jenkins' "Mormon Metior" which was a stock Model J chassis and stock engine with a 2 carb blower that put out over 400 horse and set almost every land speed record out there, some of them that stood for almost 20 years.

And there was (and still is) Geronimo, the Duesey powered 34 Ford:

I know the current owner of this car, he is a very talented machinist. He did hop up the motor in Geronimo with high compression pistons, ported heads with oversize valves, reground the cams with more lift and duration, lightened flywheel. That motor is making some serious power!

Last september, 70 of the 370 existing Duesenbergs showed up for the 1st ever Drag Race. That was a hoot!

Comment

Joel, thanks for posting these! My 79-year old dad got a real hoot out of the drag race videos you posted, so I'll have to be sure to show him these!

Is there going to be another drag race at all in the future? You should've seen the look in my dad's eyes -- he was absolutely pining to be there!

Comment

I always love the Hemi Joel videos!!!

Somehow I missed meeting him while hanging out with Jay Brown last year, hopefully get to meet him on drag week this year?
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Joel, thanks for postings on the Dueseys! That's some seriously cool stuff. I knew they were very unique luxury cars but I really had no idea on just how cool and advanced they were and are. They transend time. I can't get over on how advanced that engine is or the extensive use of aluminum, I was thinking it had an L head straight eight. They were really thinking Even the quality of the castings are amazing. Once again, thanks very much.

OBTW, when can we see one in FAST? :
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                  X